Behringer TD-3 [303 clone]

Il add something to this debate I have some of these synths that’s the designers are passionate about, yeah they sound good, but wow are they problematic, I don’t need the designer, creator to be passionate, I need a solid product that sounds good I can be passionate about and in turn create something.

1 Like

Fair enough!

What woowoo. They’re circuits and knobs. There is no passion in any unconscious object. There might be a passion for designing and building it. There might be passion for it from others.

1 Like

IMO the guitar comparison is fallacious. Both the ‘law suit’ Gibson knockoffs from Ibanez and the Fujigen Fender clones from the 70s were recognised at the time as being better than the contemporary USA made guitars. The fact that Fender ended up forming a joint venture with Greco underlines the point.

I own a Moog Sub 37 and a Boog Model D. I also own an '89 Gibson Les Paul and a '74 Ibanez Moderne (law suit copy of a Gibson Moderne). I’ve owner CIJ Jazzmasters and MIA Strats. In my experience the quality of an instrument is independent of its ‘authenticity’. Or put another way, one’s feelings about the ethics of the manufacturer don’t affect the objective quality of the instrument, though they may affect your feelings towards those instruments.

2 Likes

Ah you actually make music with all that gear :wink:

1 Like

Remember the TB-303 was a shitty product, a shitty bassline emulator that has failed commercially because it has totally missed its aim.
The TB-303 has not been intentionnally designed to make acid. Acid is an accident in history, definitely not a design.
So, about the “passion” of acid you couldn’t find in a “clone”… I’d temper this kind of argument.

12 Likes

The passion is for losing one’s marbles to ~ wonky ~ , b0ncy-ball acid under a hot tênt, in a random field

:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

if they did my size and were cheaper then what I get original nike for then highly likely I would, you pose the statement like there’s something wrong with them? I couldn’t really care less what im wearing as long as I like the fit and I like the way they look, if the build quality was questionable I would reconsider the value but none the less I wouldn’t dismiss them just because they are replicas?

3 Likes

Ive bought Plugins that claim to emulate gear , is that wrong too ?

I’ve bought food that claims to be authentic
I’ve certainly listened to lots of derivative music from both unknown and well respective artists.
And how many games re basically clones of pong , space invader etc. ?

Maybe it’s time to leap on that expensive 101 clone thread , this ship ( synth) has sailed.

Actually mine shipped today and should work well next to my tt303 mk1 ( yet another clone )

1 Like

Are people finding their copies are low-output?

YouTube vids don’t typically suggest output is low (as far as I can tell).

Cheers.

1 Like

Nope… mine can saturate my soundcard (ESI U168XT) input if resonance is down.

1 Like

yes, mine is low output but if im not mistaken generally 303’s are lower, well my other 303’s in comparison to my other synths are low. been looking into a pre amp for some fun but I can also quite easily gain stage on the way ion and when in the DAW so no real issue

1 Like

Ghostly

1 Like

Exactly, I am happy that you agree with me.

the blue one arrived a couple of hours ago. never owned or used another hardware clone, only propellerhead rebirth and the audiotool.com emulation and i need to say: i was never that close to the 303 sound i started to love so much in my childhood.

big ups to this cheap, light and very plasticy machine!

4 Likes

TD-3 got even cheaper at moogaudio, now it’s 199 cad !

I just grabbed one at Thomann… No blue or silver ones in stock so red it is…

2 Likes

It arrived today!!

Immediately made a track with it

25 Likes

For those in the US, Proaudiostars claims on the product page that it will arrive before the end of the year

1 Like

Guitarcenter claims early January these will ship.

1 Like