Behringer TD-3 [303 clone]

I think a lot of people really miss this point, so thank you… running a box like this through a decent API or Neve style pre followed up by EQ is going to turn it into something completely different. The raw sound absolutely has to be good, but the pre and EQ is going to be what makes it great – whether that’s hardware or software.

2 Likes

Any one is USA get one yet? Not sure why they are slow rolling these stateside.
I was hoping to get some as xmas presents (one for me of course).

I keep hearing early February for US. Not sure how accurate that is. I believe the first batch of 1000 units produced were sold primarily in European markets. They gotta get those factories churning these puppies out faster.

I could be totally wrong, but for some reason I thought the entire 1st batch went to Thomann Music? Or maybe it was one of the other releases (there’s been so many)? I’d like to play with one too, but it’s fine to see the EU guys/gals get some things first since we get so many other releases 1st in the US.

3 Likes

That totally could be correct. I’m sourcing some of my information from posts on gearslutz.

just received mine. dimensions wise its a bit of a behemoth. wish they’d more closely replicated the tb303 outer shell.

I guess it’s down to them legally not being allowed to have the same dimensions, but it looks like it they designed it with their eyes closed.

the box is huge and the feel is very plastic compared to a tb03. Soundwise i am a bit unsure where it is, it sounds good but when i double it with the tb03 the sound very much the same, I would expect the td-3 to have the most umph but this is not the case on my genelec 8040s.
The re 303 still sound much fatter than the the others.

2 Likes

This is good to know for us TB-03 owners. Thanks!

1 Like

It´s the same box as the crave. I guess they will release a lot more stuff with this form factor.

1 Like

I’d love a small elektron logo sticker to cover that behringer sign. :upside_down_face:

top one is a sticker. dunno why I drew an arrow there.

2 Likes

There’s no shame in buying Behringer.

1 Like

I must note, I have no shame in buying behringer at all. I just think my td needs some pimping, and I’m obsessed with elektron logos :heart_eyes:

I must also note, that even tho I’m not that gone on its looks I think it sounds mint. :ok_hand:t4:

and though it’s very light n plasticcy (as was the original) it’s pots feel very sturdy and have a lovely smooth action.

4 Likes

Here’s my picks for filling in that Behringer space. Got to see how each might look like in person beforehand.

2 Likes

Vote Rubber Johnny :ballot_box:

5 Likes

starts at the right point…

3 Likes

well if any one is interested here is a promo to a track using the TD-3 before I release,
jump to 3:26 for the TD-3

6 Likes

Solid proof that this thing is going to be hard to pick out in a mix as a clone unless you’re an absolute 303 diehard. Great track! Love the energy

1 Like

thanks man, yeah im more then happy with this thing, I have 4 303 emu hardware units and this is simply my go too from now for great sound and sheer ease of use

1 Like

If anyone wants a Blue or Red unit they are in stock & available at Thomann

1 Like

Who knows. Maybe owning a cheap knock off like Behringer will give a first time user the desire for the original. Or at least gain more respect for it when they hear the true differences. We also don’t know how long these Behringer clones will last, so only time will tell of their reliability in relation to a product like Moog.

1 Like