Behringer TD-3 [303 clone]

I made a mistake above: It’s perfectly possible to set the clock source without the app (TAP + BACK)

3 Likes

and allows a lot of us to afford one of them now, even if its a knock-off.

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: The Behringer era

Edit: Midi sync if fine, I tested wrong. Similar latency to other analog synths, xoxbox and Dominion 1!

1 Like

What I’m curious to know is, does the TD-3 have this noise component in the transient of the note? I have a noisy part in the transient of my xoxbox which is sometimes a bit irritating. Cannot remember if the original teebee did that…

I have to compare it with my xoxbox yet, however it sounds quite different and much cleaner. My xoxbox sounds more distorted in the bass.

1 Like

Hmm… “sounds cleaner” might indicate that the noise component is indeed less present. I might give this one a go as well then. But not in a hurry to get one!

The RD9 is the one I’m waiting for the most. RD8 is already seeing plenty of use on actual upcoming record releases for a client, the way you can make it sound in the mix with careful tweaking is just beautiful :+1: I never got my rytm or Roland ACB sound like that - The rytm gave similar punch but less elegance, and the ACB just sounded harsh and too tinny/piercing, lacking mid frequency nuance. But YMMV as usual :nyan:

1 Like

No sync issue here with Digitakt as master.

2 Likes

Does the app let you set midi clock multiplication for fast acid. That’d be cool please Behringer.

Anybody else think they should have called it the TB-BOB?
Totally Behringer - Behringer Oh Behringer

nope…

:frowning:

Just sequence it from your favorite Elektron box :wink:

The sequencer is a bit meh anyway, it’s practically the same as the TB-303.

GAAAAWD DAMMIT this is the most fun in a box iv had for a while!!!

2 Likes

Did you get your hands on a TD-3 @Sureno ?

@Cepheid

6 Likes

Dope! I know you have quite a bit of gear, so I’m sure you have a good idea of what level of quality it is. Any initial thoughts about it? Likes / Dislikes?

1 Like

No gripes really, for the price point it rivals units for sound 2/3x the cost if not more. This is my favourite go to 303 unit I have by far the only thing that annoys me is the output level is super low but just means I add even more character with a pre, I’m no 1:1 303 chaser but what I am is a good sound chaser and this is awesome, but for full transparency I’m a DAW guy so don’t depend on hardware for sequencing

2 Likes

Nice. Sounds like my cup of tea. I would be running this into input 1 on my Motu Ultralite so I can easily boost volume with the trim encoder. Glad it sounds good, I don’t care if it’s a 1:1 representation either. Thanks for the info!

2 Likes

Hope you get as much enjoyment out of it as I do :raised_hands:t3:

1 Like