Behringer TD-3 [303 clone]

Ordered last week, no stock in Thomann (6-7 weeks to get stock back (!!!))… cancelled order. I’ll go to another store. :pensive:

Designwise I don’t get it why the lower left and right buttons have a other colored back.
It’s ugly :smiley:

Get the red one, they’re on white :laughing:

Ah, those corners need to be the same color than their surroundings. They are different on all three colors and I can’t stand it! :smile:
lol

heinakroon will probably release overlays

I got mine, it sounds great, it very light and the knobs are bigger than the tb03s.

2 Likes

anyone get one yet in the US?

1 Like

Also curious if anybody has received their TD-3 in the US yet

I have only seen us preorders with early january delivery date.

1 Like

A user from gearslutz has uploaded some pics of the internals and started a modding thread…

TD3 Imgur

Behringer TD3 DIY Mods

There are trimmers on the motherboard but no slide adjustments as of yet, the slide seems to be the major downside of the TD-3 due to being too short compared to a real TB303 and may be software (if so, hopefully it could be adjusted via a firmware update in the near future)

But the cutoff brightness can be adjusted to better match the original and there is another user that has modified the distortion which makes it sound more throaty (and less nasally!)

5 Likes

It seems the slide might be processor related, therefore only a firmware fix would help it. That’s what I’ve gathered from the gearslutz thread.

I also agree and I’m sure we will get defo confirmation soon enough, also Uli is pretty present on gearslutz and some gearsluter will no doubt hound him for a firmware update!

1 Like

Considering Uli wants these clones to be very accurate, I don’t see why he wouldn’t do a firmware fix eventually if that’s all it needs.

1 Like

But saying that, is the MS1’s slide soft or hard coded? Apparently the slide is too long (as stated on the gearslutz forum) not sure if Behringer has released any firmware fix for it

The bloke doing the mods has done a slide mod and it sounded correct apparently.

The demos so far sound encouraging.

3 Likes

Ok, so I received mine today:

• it’s lightweight ! Not cheap (better than a TT-303 first gen imo), just incredibly light.
  • pots feel fine, not flimsy
  • The sound… well, sorry Roland, I much prefer the TD-3 sound compared to the TB-03 sound. It’s got that “liquid” feel. The distortion is fine too, better than TB-03 models imo. Resonance up doesn’t alter volume too much.
  • minor gripes: You need the behringer synth tool to change the clock settings. The clock settings has no auto mod. The manual… is not in the box. The one you can download from the site is a joke.

All in all, excellent value for money ! Well done Behringer.

13 Likes

Just out of curiosity what is the clock set to by default and is it fairly tight? I’ll be using my Digitone as master clock with it so wondering how good it will sync.

By default, the TD-3 is set to its own clock. Once changed to midi in with the synth tool, no problem whatsoever, it’s fairly tight.

1 Like

Just ordered a second one… because, you know… we’re all hardfloor now :rofl:

4 Likes

Anyone got theirs in North America?