Behringer TD-3 [303 clone]

Are you sure of that?

Did you try sending audio through it as well?
Is that audible?

Audio in dosent work.

Just tried again with audio and LFO from the Brute and Iā€™m positive : thereā€™s no audio going thru, only cv mod.

Thanks for testing:
Thatā€™s quite brilliant actually!

errrā€¦ I have an opposite experienceā€¦

1 Like

Which TD-3 have you? I have the red one.
Quite soon weā€™ll realize the blue has a reverb instead of a distortionā€¦ :upside_down_face:

I wish it were so, since Iā€™ve got not much with a303 through a ds-1.

(Btw: Iā€™ve got a blue one)

Red one too. Two of them. Documentation:

Yes, and?

Both you and the manual are wrong. (!)

The Filter in is not a CV in, itā€™s definitely and audio in. Also, the audio doesnā€™t replace the internal VCO, it adds to it (not ā€œinstead ofā€).

I should add that, for me, the fact that the internal VCO is not silenced when thereā€™s audio at filter in makes this feature a bit useless.

I read something about setting the vco switch between square and saw to silence it.

2 Likes

that would be greatā€¦ will try.

@thomaso, youā€™re right !

Crappy pattern as example:

TD3 with Manis iteritas at filter in (fade in)

TD3 with only Manis Iteritas, TD3 VCO switch between sqr and saw

2 Likes

Well, I made a video : the filter in acts as both an audio in and mod in. When I tried earlier I didnā€™t know the TD-3 had to be playing note to let the audio go through.

2 Likes

Very odd behaviourā€¦ canā€™t reproduce it with my own lfo. Will have to investigate this tonight.

1 Like

Are you using TS or TRS. Manual says TS. TRS wonā€™t werk.

TS, standard cable I use from my A-145

1 Like

I use a TRS. Thatā€™s a cheap hack :upside_down_face:

Upon further testsā€¦ I can confirm the filter in is an audio in. However, the filter has a different response given the sound source gain (be it internal or external). When a control rate signal (LFO, enveloppe) is applied at filter in it is added to the internal VCO and changes itā€™s gain, which effectively modulates the filter frequency. This is certainly not a clean CV input, but now I can see how it can be abused as a it.

TD3 with LFO fading in:

2 Likes