Behringer TD-3 [303 clone]

the DF guy has literally no sense for business and all people not understanding that times are changing rapidly, should pay 300$ for a 3$ mod.

go on Uli and mod the hell out of his circuits to make them your own, add a resistor here and there and it’s all „unique“

appreciate it :relieved:

2 Likes

I’ve had the TD-3 a little less than a month and I’m quite enjoying it! If you lessen the resonance to about 75% you’re in a good sweet spot.

The internal sequencer is cool and I prefer it over sequencing on the Digitone or Digitakt(for 303 lines), however, after I write a pattern on the TD-3(either by hand or with some help by the random generator), I send the midi out from the TD-3 to the Digi midi in and record the sequence. It’s much easier for recalling when playing a live set!

Anyway that’s my two cents!

3 Likes

Don’t you lose the slide data / triggering.
Apparently slide isn’t implemented via midi

The slide is just super short, seems like. I’m hoping for a firmware update to get it perfect. Before I was switching patterns on the TD-3 by hand to match up with the Digis but that just wasn’t fun. Probably sounded a bit better though tbh. For now I’m living with the limitations.

Warning: Do not update your TD-3 with today’s update, or it may be bricked!

Did you updated the firmware (for the slide time, not todays update)? Apparently the slide time is defined through the firmware so it can be updated with a firmware and they released a firmware to increase the length of the slide. It sounds good after that.

Also you can trim the filter with the VCF trim pot on the back of the board.

2 Likes

I haven’t updated it today, but I did do the slide time update. Good to know today’s update is messed up thanks for the warning!

1 Like

Is there further discussion about this update somewhere else on the internet? Or is it your personal experience of the bricked update?

Curious - thanks!

It’s not my experience, thankfully!

Here more details (you may need to join to the group first);

You can find more instances of this in the same group.

1 Like

Found some chatter on Gearslutz as well - hmmmm

Thanks!

New/updated firmware is out. People were able to roll back to older firmware via prior sysex files and Midi-OX, so units weren’t permanently bricked. Saw the updating info in the same Gearslutz thread. You’ve probably seen as well, but sharing for others.

So it is safe to update now?

I haven’t done it myself and don’t plan to… I don’t need the fix (this weekend anyway) and have had enough (work related) technical issues to deal with this week! :laughing:

From 3 hours ago:

“Behringer has updated the firmware now. Problem resolved - seems it was a rollback”

You’ll have to decide how trustworthy the internet is.

I feel super dumb asking this, but where the hell do I get the firmware updates, anyway? Behringer’s site only has manuals for the TD-3.

You update using the ‘Behringer Synth Tool’ on the Downloads page. It’s an app that lets you make various settings changes and update the firmware.

https://www.behringer.com/Categories/Behringer/Keyboards/Synthesizers-and-Samplers/TD-3-SR/p/P0DTD/Downloads#googtrans(en|en)

3 Likes

Someone try this out and see how it sounds!

How is the pattern sync with Elektron machines?
Does it switch patterns and stay in time?
I’ve seen people mention sequencing notes from external devices (like OT and DT) so I was wondering if there were issues with using the native sequencer when external syncing.

sync wise no issues. it stays in time…

2 Likes

According to Thomann mine will be in stock on Friday…we’ll see. Can’t wait to get my hands on one.

There is a problem with slides when the TD-3 sequenced externally, slides don’t work.

2 days ago Behringer released a new firmware to fix this problem but the firmware was buggy, it rendered some peoples TD-3’s unusable, then they reverted the firmware back again. I don’t know if they included the slide-fix to the current firmware but at least we will get it soon.

Change of patterns; I didn’t tried it yet and I don’t know if it’s working… this needs to be done.

1 Like

Program/pattern changes work well?