Behringer TD-3 [303 clone]

no midi program change opportunities on the device.
but when you change patterns it works as you’d expect.

1 Like

Yo!

8 Likes

Very cool

Wow :heart_eyes: I have ordered the yellow version too. My supplier says it will arrive in april… did you received it already?

Yeah, it came through the door half an hour ago. Ordered it mid January or thereabout.

Still can’t wait for that slide over midi firmware update.

1 Like

anyone on here implemented the rubber mod yet? or any mod for that matter?

after nearly a months use i have a few bugbears with the sound, the lack of presence in the low end (in an unfair comparison to a TB303) doesn’t cut through the mix as much as i’d like, wonder if VCF offset will help, haven’t opened her up yet.

also there is a kind of click on the envelope that at first i endured as it bit so much but now i’m thinking the rubber mod will be the best way to smooth this and achieve a more pleasing sound.

any naut modders would love to hear your experiences

New firmware update out 1.2.5
Slide over midi!

7 Likes

I’m trying to sequence it with the octatrack but slides isn’t working as expected even with the new update and I can’t replicate the sound of the internal sequencer. Is this a limitation on how midi works on the octatrack?

i had more slide before the update.
have to wait until next synthtool release to enable it…?
“Add slide and legato option in Synthtool.”

this sums up my behringer experience so far:

1 Like

I updated it using my iPhone, Behringer have an app. Haven’t tried the desktop SynthTool.

1 Like

is your slide via over lapping midi notes working?

1 Like

Yes, slides work fine now :smile:

1 Like

same here.

i haven’t tried from ableton yet, but see no reason why it’s not working from my MnM or an Octa. (as mentioned i actually did have the occasional slide before the update…)

midi is midi i thought.
anyone successfully sliding achieving this from a daw or hardware sequencer?

also this is a nice idea and sounds great (if you have two) but doesn’t actually answer the main question:

Here’s a video I made of the Digitone sending notes, accents, and slides to the TD-3; just to demonstrate that it’s working on someone’s setup:

5 Likes

thanks, another video demonstrating :

will try again later but I couldn’t replicate this after update over weekend.

1 Like

https://soundcloud.com/varm-kall/td-3-midi-slide/s-2GNXD
Here is an example of what I’m talking about. First a pattern with the internal sequencer and then the same pattern programmed in the octatrack, then back to internal. Legato is on and the sliding notes are longer. There is some kind of slide but it doesn’t sound like the real deal. Am I doing something wrong?

couldn’t hear your track, private link?

but i just turned off multi trigger in synth tool and am sliding all over the place.

Ops! link is fixed now