Behringer TD-3 MO (Modded Out)

Got my 303 (unmodded) yesterday ,-)

Can someone confirm a clicky sound in the beginning of every note played? There is also some hiss/noise at the end/tail of every sound. Unfortunately not in a good (sounding) way. After the note has played it will be somehow deactivated.

Edit: Just the 303, wall plug, headphones, that’s it

Are you sure this isn’t the configuration of envelope and filter settings you are using? Does it still do this if you change some of the parameters?

Clicks were an issue with x0xb0x builds and the OG 303. There are a few threads on how to fix the x0xb0x, but it seems that the TD-3 may be missing the necessary trimpots.

1 Like

Hey folks, does anybody have this issue on their TD-3-MO’s where you have the volume all the way up, but don’t get sound until you turn the overdrive up at least a little way?

1 Like

That’s how it’s supposed to work.

2 Likes

Really? That’s kinda weird, isn’t it? But I’m relieved it’s not an actual issue.

Serial overdrive is more common than parallel overdrive, I would guess.

1 Like

I’m two months late to this discussion, but felt like it was worthwhile to reiterate:

As mentioned by others, fast/clicky attack is normal-ish. TB-303s differed between units, with some (probably most) clicky and some not, and most clones opting for the clicky route. That’s something that threw me when coming back to them a few years ago…the unmodified TB-303 I had briefly in the early 2000s IIRC had a softer attack, and the first generation TT-303 I picked up in 2016 also had a soft attack, but the Abstrakt unit I got a few months later was very clicky by comparison. You can address it with a fast compressor in the mix, or you’ll probably find that once you start arranging/mixing and adding effects, it becomes a non-issue.

As for the noise, that could just be an artifact of the headphone output. Try the mono line output into your mixer/interface/whatever and see if it disappears.

Really great to go wild with td3 mo and try patching together with beh ms-1.
Sequencers, in and outs, filters, vcas…
Great fun…

The Td3 mo sound reminds me of old Richie Hawtin/the Devilfish.

1 Like

The TD-3-MO (Modded Out) is awesome! Great versatile sound and so much fun to play and tweak. My favorite Behringer clone so far. And as a bonus, programming sequences on the device wasn’t as bad as I was expecting it to be!

1 Like

Got one of these last week. Fun little box. I was a little bit surprised when i first used it. Not really logical how the extra parameters work. But after reading the original Devilfish manual it got better.

I love how “bouncy” it can get. And alot more dynamic than the regular Td-3.

And i like the implementation for Midi cc for controlling the filter. It acts like an offset, and not just override the filter knob.

1 Like

I played around with a friend‘s MO and didn’t expect much but damn, that’s a fun machine and it sounds really great to my ears. The extra accent controls are the shit and it can sound very complex for a one osc synth.

3 Likes

Has anyone modded the TD-3-MO? I know it already comes “modded” from the factory, but I’m wondering if anyone has circuit-bent one of these? Like take the whole Devil Fish thing to another level, like maybe a Satan Lobster

5 Likes

You work in marketing don’t you?

2 Likes

No, but I’m in the seafood business

3 Likes

Behemoth Bass

Me too.

That’s why I weight more than 20 stone.

1 Like

Captain, there’s something fishy here…

Devilfishy

Bass in yer plaice.