Behringer TD-3 MO (Modded Out)

I think timing issues were a bit of a myth… Some people tested it on GS and it was fine.

I have one and the timing is fine… I never use the internal sequencer, only midi and it works great.

1 Like

I love my TD-3-MO. I’m planning to explore it for my industrial music as well, with beads and rings, and sample that into my Digitakt, …

14 Likes

Just ordered mine. ,-)

Thats certainly Rage With The Machine… huh huh.

Sorry.

1 Like

Oops.
Just bought two.

2 Likes

Just got an MO in the mail today and I was very pleasantly surprised at how firm all the pots are. I was expecting it to feel a lot cheaper but I have no complaints so far.

I had an FR-777 years back and have regretted selling it ever since and I’m hoping this inexpensive little box can cover at least a little of the same terrain. I’m just a hobbyist who likes to make a little noise in my spare time so I’m happy that this option exists. But damn I miss that 777.

3 Likes

It’s a brilliant synth. Worth every penny.

1 Like

But someone’s going to be stuck with one for a very long time:

Holy LoL that’s crazy. But then again, it’s “$4,027 price drop” so it has to be a good deal! :laughing:

This jam video from around 9:30 onward is what convinced me to grab an MO. I love the dude’s reaction and it reminded me of so many times when I’d tweak one little thing on the FR and be actually caught off guard by how dope it sounded.

6 Likes

My bad. Ordered not the modded iteration.

1 Like

I’ve been enjoying Blush Response’s videos recently. Sincerity is hard to find these days! His Virus review was epic.

1 Like

man this is some GAS inducing stuff for me. If it would be battery powered it would be an absolutely no brainer companion for my Circuit Tracks.

You know, I’m kinda surprised they didn’t make it run on batteries. I mean, if you’re making a clone and all, might as well copy that part too.
It gives me some serious gas for some modular gear. Of all the synths in the world, it could end up being an acid box that ends up pushing me into modular. lol

I need to get this thing hooked up to my Deluge tonight. I think it should be able to bus-power the TD and the cv outs should allow me to harness at least a little bit of craziness.

Sequencing with Elektron Boxes works well! Velocity -> Accent, Overlapping Notes -> Glide.
Here, I remain in traditional 303 territory with the TD-3-MO.
I’d say the knobs feel good and not cheap at all.

11 Likes

And falling by the day it seems. Now a snip at a mere £2811.87, representing a 62% decrease. Inflation busting!

Heh. Honestly not a bad strategy, I suppose. Anyone who is in the market for one will have a magic number where it becomes a good deal, so someone will snatch it up eventually if he keeps dropping it.
I also just noticed that it’s $200 shipping (despite being one of the lightest synths I’ve ever laid hands on). Taking that into consideration, I would probably spring for it if it gets down to $1000.

1 Like

very doope jam!

imagining this with the elekron sequencer, like you have makes this machine quite powerful!!

I really dont know why behringer didnt skip the sequencer part of the clone. such a boomer company… doing things nobody wants anymore, but yea tradition…

1 Like

Thank you! Well, at least we /can/ sequence it via midi! Who knows which group would be larger, those who wouldn’t buy because the sequencer IS or IS NOT old school :wink:

1 Like

Ordered a TD3 MO to go along with a standard TD3 and a DB01.
They will certainly have fun together… And me too.

1 Like

Ha ha this fuckin rules. Stop making me want one of these things.

1 Like