Behringer TD-3 MO (Modded Out)

AFAIK Behringer has massive production facilities in China. They are certainly making new chips for themselves but they are also the factories in China that are behind.

This is what I heard from an owner of a synth company who also said he saw the place 🤷

1 Like

Had one on preorder for a few months, then finally canceled. Have not seen them in stock anywhere.

1 Like

theyve been around but all initial stock was either preordered a long time ago or went very quickly.
it also depends where you are and where you are looking.

i think i saw ‘availability’ on some uk sites due march/april but also longer than that.

Same goes from “a few weeks of waiting” to “available in several months”
at Thomann Europe in less than 24 hours.
I feel like it’s all gone in the blink of an eye and/or massively pre-ordered.

Don’t want to p**s on anyone’s chips here but something similar happened with the RD9. I was lucky to get one in the first batch but it was over 12 months before the next batch shipped. Doubt it’ll be that long but they do seem to produce and ship to suppliers in batches tho?

The RD9 is easy to find in stock in the UK, Andertons seem to have loads of them.

I’m actually pretty tempted by the TD-3-MO. Loved the TD-3 but a more versatile one is a great thing indeed. From the demos online they seem to sound really nice and I’m happy to be able to grab a version of the Devilfish mod 303 for a low price.

Yeah they are now. I was talking about before when they were out of stock. The first batch shipped then it was a long time until they were back in stock anywhere

Ah gotcha, sorry for the misunderstanding! To be honest when they were first released I wasn’t sure if they would ever resurface, it’s impressive you managed to get one in that first batch.

1 Like

Yeah, complete fluke crossed with constantly checking due dates at various retailers.

1 Like

Looking forward to when this is available in the States.

Nice quick overview of the added Devil-fishy functions via Florian Meindl:

The cool thing is that so many of these additions allow for more expressive performance. Should be fun for live work.

I was thinking about doing something crazy and feeding the CV/Gate output of my DB-01 into this. Could be an interesting combination of timbres.

I received mine yesterday (perfect timing!) from Thomann. :upside_down_face:

I took a chance and ordered two weeks ago, when Thomann was sold out and the estimated availability was “in several months”. Got a notification after a week saying it had been shipped. Guess they are still trickling in from the factory in China?

It sounds absolutely bonkers good. Wipes the floor with the TD-3.

6 Likes

does it sound a bit bassier than the TD3?

I haven’t A/B-ed, but I suppose so.

That clip uses the sub oscillator alone, which has a different timbre than the regular square wave. Plus the always-on pre filter overdrive reduces the effect of the bass drop out at high resonance.

Yes. I did A/B them. Plan to record some comparisons soon while trying to match them.

His brother is even more of an acid afficionado imo (i.e., Ceephax Acid Crew and heavily rumored to also be Roy of the Ravers).

2 Likes

He 100% isnt Roy of the ravers BTW, love ceephax though!

4 Likes

the pair of em have serious acid skills for reals.

runs in the family. bet their ma ain’t to shabby on a 303 either.

:older_woman:t2::pager:

2 Likes

10 months later, mine finally arrived…

2 Likes

They had some in stock at Andertons (uk) last night. More than ten when I looked (and then bought one)

Edit: still showing 10+ ready for next day delivery if anyones interested

1 Like

I’m trying to find out if these are able to be completely synced externally and have saw ppl have issues with timing/latency and glides not responding properly.

Am I able to control notes/pitch via midi?

Would love to sequence this with the pyramid.