Behringer UMC 1820 + ADA 2800

I have a very strange question. i’ve been producing for a long time, but i’ve never had to expand an audio interface with more inputs. Now the time has come.

i use the behringer umc 1820 audio interface. this is to be expanded with the behringer ada 8200.
i know that this is done via the adat inputs. up to here everything is fine. but with the ada 8200 there is still a sync connection, what is this for? Do I still have to sync something in order to be able to use the line inputs properly with the daw? The rytm kick and hats should run over this and the rev2.

This is to sync the sample rate I believe? If you have ADAT going in from the UMC I believe it takes the clock from there

1 Like

I use both too and can confirm this is to sync the sample rate.
You might have to try both it both ways as leader/follower (I had some weird noises in recordings with one of the configurations).

1 Like

the umc 1820 has no such connection for syncing. but if only the ADAT connection is sufficient here, then that would be great.

It syncs over ADAT with the UMC, other interfaces use the clock connection but it’s not needed in this case.

2 Likes

If you connect both ADAT In and Out no separate clock sync is needed.

3 Likes

This.