Best Elektron to pair with AR

Are you more of a samplist or synth dude? If it were me, I would get a DT or OT as I love samplers. Then one is free for the drum department and one for samples. and in that case, I would go for the OT simply because it has more storage. The lack of OB on the OT is a PIA but it is a fun machine to work on. I personally can’t stand the sound of any Elektron synths, so id lean hard on another sampler.

1 Like

With the AR I’d go for a Digitone

3 Likes

oh yeah! I splurged and bought a new Elektron Rytm MK2 today on sale and plan to use it with my SP 404 MK2 and OP-1. I liked the one I used a while back and did not like the interface of the Syntakt and limitations of the Perkons and Alphabase.

best….
It must be Analog Four
anyone else?

1 Like

I like the AK better tho.
Nevertheless I long for another A4 just because the Dark Trinity looks incredible.

depends on how you setup the FM operators on the DN it can mild or wild.

Sonically it always sounds good to pair the digital with the analog. The Monomachine makes a fantastic companion to the analog rytm if you can’t find one the Digitone is an excellent second choice.
I always end up pairing my Machinedrum UW with the analog four instead of pairing it with my analog rytm but really you couldn’t go wrong with any of Elektron’s 3 synth options

1 Like

A4 all day.
Digitone a close second.

Being able to sample the A4 into the AR eases the poly pressure too, if you’re prepared.

1 Like

Oh, I never considered this.
Is there anything this could do that a MIDI connection doesn’t?

You can have sidechain type effects done by using the AR audio as mod source.
They both respond to cv very fast so many kinds of applications are possible.

As they both have cv inputs and individual audio outs you can cross modulate them as well.

So many possibilities. Imagination is the limit as you can assign those for anything really.

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll definitely dig deeper into this…

I plan to use my new Rytm MK2 once it arrives with my A4, OT, DN, OP-1 and Roland SP 404 MK2 and TB03 for some mad fun. Maybe get creative and try sampling between OT and Rytm? Sample some modular drums into the Rytm and go at it. Infinite possible combos.

True but there is something about the way it handles feedback where the noise it produces never gets as harsh as Cycles. I don’t know how it works, but it is definitely smoother.

There is distortion/overdrive too which another story, but “harsh” is a subjective term in that regard. Maybe I took it to mean “piercing”, “grating”. Cycles is for better or worse very easy to take there.

1 Like

Waiting till the end of year? Are there already some rumor mill going around this?

‘‘maybe’’ I wrote. no idea if something will happen.

Really having fun with the new Rytm. I think for portable rig, will go with Rytm, Digitone and Analog Heat. Easy to carry and tons of options. Maybe use SP 404 MK2 to trigger movie and anime clips.

DN all the way. Especially for melodic house. Rytm and Digitone go together so well, like peanut butter and jelly.

2 Likes

For me it’s the Elektron trinity of A4 + OT and AR that are tough to beat but either A4 or Digitone is great.

Especially if you use the DVCO on the Rytm for bass that sounds amazing and only need two boxes well I’d still use Analog Heat to beef things up.

2 Likes

Are there some good links you can share that showcase the “Melodic House” capabilities. Much appreciate your input!

1 Like