Best synth to do what an Access Virus can do

serum sounds nowhere near as good as the virus TI IMO :slight_smile:

5 Likes

fair enough, probably depends what you want from it anyway. And I own a Virus and not Serum, so what does that say

:wink:

Excellent letโ€™s hope it runs fine in Studio One on PC. I may end up using my gaming PC for music production then. Iโ€™m planning to try the Mystery Islands software on MacBook as well.

I started off ITB with plugins and a MIdI keyboard and it was alright but I felt too much like programming a computer at work versus jamming and composing tracks. Now I use a hybrid approach to have the most fun. Looking forward to getting infected when my new Virus arrives soon. Wanted one six years ago but didnโ€™t have the funds.

I use a lot of iPad apps and they have way more power than old hardware. I remember my first computer when I was a kid the Commodore 64 had get this, only 64K of RAM! Yet it was super amazing for how powerful it was at the time. Virus has the old Motorola DSP chips that while not as robust as the latest greatest chips, should work well for years until Chris Kemper or someone releases a new Virus successor.

1 Like