Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro w/ Elektron (techno)

Anyone using these? I have several headphones but those are more recreational or DJish. Want to get something for mixing/mastering and general studio use. DT 990 250 Ohm is my choice given the price and its specifications. Is the treble really unbearable? (I like the 1990 too but it’s over my budget and sound profile isn’t extremely better as I’ve seen in tests)

…that was a great pair of cans…solid reference level…but they need hi ohms to really shine…and most headphone pre amps do not deliver that…

with their latest pro X, they finally rounded it all up and made them shine also on low impedance…

invest 250 bux and u get THE best bang for ur buck ever…
their dt900 pro X is THAT pair of open cans that u really can enjoy for a lifetime…comes with exchangeable/plug in/out mini xlr connected cables in two length, both with their own adapters, all parts that could wear off can be replaced and it does not hurt, even in long listening sessions…

while the old dt990 pro was only at it’s best on hi impedance input, like all their other hi level ones, too, and did not look that fresh anymore after 2 years of use, starts to built pressure in longer seesions and once it’s cable ripps out, it’s over and out forever…

so u really better go for their new pro X series…

1 Like

Previously on Elektronauts:
https://www.elektronauts.com/search?q=DT%20990%20Pro%20250

2 Likes

Yes I use them. They work great with my RME interface since it can really push some Dbs out of it’s headphone outputs.