Bi-weekly record-diving sampling extravaganza | 13 | Bruce Hornsby - The Way It Is

WHAT!

How are you guys so flipping quick with all this stuff!?!?!

Great work everyone.

1 Like

Nice! This also turns it into a sort of d&b banger :grinning:

2 Likes

I’m off my game.

1 Like

love this!

2 Likes

@BLKrbbt hey man the universe is funny :upside_down_face: Sometimes we are up and sometimes we are down, but it doesn’t mean we have to stop creating either way!

3 Likes

Haha this is what I do with actual records so i love this :grin:

Haha I rarely make any sense :joy::raised_hands:

1 Like

Thanks man! Yes I got out the axe. Very exhausted last night and felt the spirit of def leppard for some reason.

1 Like

True outsider funk. I like!!

1 Like

Thanks for the sample @natehorn
I woke up early and started on it, I put some vocals over it too

11 Likes

Started on it? Sounds release ready to me! Wicked track man. Genuinely pretty blown away by it. I’m so impressed with how quickly you guys can turn out heat.

2 Likes

Checking out DT1.5 firmware. Kick, hat and snare from elsewhere. Rest is resamplemangle DT

12 Likes

Thanks for this fun challenge @natehorn.

Single OT pattern with my usual lazy mute/un-mute and gentle tweaks. 6 samples from the Hornsby track, and one additional loop. I tried synthesizing drums from the track but it didn’t work very well.

10 Likes

OT & DN one take jam, with some knowledge from the one and only Tupac Shakur. went for the progressive house big feelings vibe

@aarb420 not much of a culture shock because I live in the Asheville area which is pretty much just a bunch of Californians and Brooklyn hipsters. But a few miles outside of town is the real hillbilly stuff

9 Likes

So many submissions already, nice! :exploding_head:

@natehorn it’s a fresh track man makes the ears tickle! :yum:

@proskynesis that’s awesome didn’t know you played, and it was an unexpected surprise! :ok_hand:

@Yabba Man this beat is X-LARGE! Awesome remix altogether, who’s rapping? That vocal drop off on the “master” line was tastefully executed haha :wink: Hard OG West Coast track vibes man, and it sounds worthy of 2pac rhyming over it were he still here. :beers:

@tubefund Awesome reggae dub! Great job on the vocals in there they sound tasty, and your track pairs well with the greens :beers:

@Nils Cool effects you got out of OT! Enjoyed the glitchy elements, and it almost sounds like you got a violin out of the sample! :beers:

@malus_mons This is inspiring me to be in a good mood, awesome vibes on this track! Well done laying everything out, all the samples are neatly spaced out! :beers: Also, about your area, that actually sounds neat haha you found a neat spot, and I might have to make my way out there to check it out in future.

5 Likes

Thx. First time i took te leap of participating in these mission briefs. When listening to that song with the intention to sample it, i had no idea where to went too. I started to sample the string/pad section but wasn’t able to loop it probably until I pitched a snipped down, bitrate reduced,
Slightly overdriven and filtered it and realised it made a awesome dub bass so i went from there. Next time i hope to find more then 60 minutes arange time. Really nice submissions all!

3 Likes

@tubefund Glad you decided to hang out with us, and share some goodies. Welcome aboard! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks @aarb420 This is actually my first particiaption in a mission brief too. I haven’t done anything like this since the Science lab experiments on elektron-users.com back in the mid 2000s :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Nils No way, you have OG roots! What were those experiments about? They sound interesting. I used to hound those forums for what was left of that site when I picked up an MD a few years ago :baby: Welcome aboard! :beers:

2 Likes

@aarb420 thanks mate they’re called No Uncertain terms I made a beat for them years ago, and that’s the acapella from it

1 Like

Thanks, happy to be on board!

In the early science labs we were trying to coax as many and diverse sounds as possible out of single machines in the MD. For example, make a complete track using only the EFM rimshot :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes