Birds!

Nah just good taste, it was a very good cake…

5 Likes
2 Likes

Some recordings I did with birds… enjoy

10 Likes

4 Likes

Having a snog

Gravity

Nomnomnom

…nomonmnommm

14 Likes

This thread is very relaxing. thank you guys for the great pics.

4 Likes

I was walking home yesterday from a bar, and stopped to photograph ducks. I was super drunk and
the duckies were so happy… made me happy too… birds are awesome.

1 Like

Pigeon fight with magpie, very nice fight sorry no pics they were too far to get

this is great

Blue Jay

13 Likes

Variegated FairFairy Wren, Malurus Lamberti 13cm

14 Likes

Brown Goshawk Accipiter Fasciatus juvenile.

The Brown Goshawk is a very stealthy hawk. They hunt in the trees, preying on smaller birds. I have been trying to get a photo for months now. I have learned their habits, feeding times, and roosting spots. Fortunately, the young give up their location with their cries for food. Adults are rarely seen.

15 Likes

Australian King Parrot Alisterus fasciatus

11 Likes

cool :slight_smile:

i only just spotted this thread.

my dad just passed away the week before last. he was a passionate falconer his whole life. bred the first ever hybrid falcon in captivity (Peregrine / Saker).

I grew up in a bit of a wild house, my parents were fairly bohemian. Always had a few peregrines at any one time. chickens, doves, parakeets, & love birds too.

digging thru photos the past few days we realised one of my dad’s falcons is on every bank note in the UAE. a photo he took of it when he was in his early 20’s I gather. far out.

this was him on Christmas day. he went downhill a few days later :heart: -

28 Likes

Griffon Vultures (Southern Spain)

we have a lot of these around here…
amazing birds, huge and so graceful in the sky.
… though when they take-off, its a bit like watching a jumbo jet, takes a huge amount of effort to lift their mass, even with the enormous wingspan.

8 Likes

7 Likes

On barges?

Yeah, I don’t know how it got there. Neither did it’s mate … who was on the water, craning neck sideways to look up, and trying to figure out how to repeat the trick.

1 Like

This sparrowhawk wrestled a magpie in our garden for 10 min before it got away, leading this fella to ram into our window chasing it.

After a 5-min rest of shame, he left :grin:

8 Likes