Birds!

One of my absolute favourites. A rare sight round here, the outstanding Rainbow Bee Eater Merops Ornatus
Also, my first bird photo of 2023.

19 Likes

Went to drop some stuff off at the local charity shop and found an old tamron 100-300mm with a canon fit, perfect for my canon 60D. I was thinking about getting a telephoto for nature pics.

First day I snapped this American robin

11 Likes

Where I used to work we had moorhens or coots that would come running over when I opened up each morning. Real little characters. Where I am now we have a couple of birds of prey knocking around, but they disappear as soon as we appear! Like the roe deer that live there too

Northern Flicker!

12 Likes

5 Likes

From the OP.
Thanks

Hi everybody,

here is some pics taken yesterday

Mésange bleue - Blue tit (Cyanistes caeruleus)

Rouge-gorge - Robin (Erithacus rubecula)

Mésange charbonnière - Great tit (Parus major)

Sittelle torchepot - Eurasian nuthatch (Sitta europaea)

15 Likes

Twin Peaks atmosphère…

3 Likes

That last picture is really nice!

3 Likes

@Tchu Thanks ! I like it too :content:

1 Like

Cliche maybe, but here’s a shot of mine I’ve always liked. Bird photography is on the short list of things I would love to get back into if I had the time and money.

12 Likes

Beautiful photo !

1 Like

Long distance shot of a heron, here in Boulder, Colorado.

9 Likes

And a downy woodpecker from the other week.

10 Likes

The week of Easter we had a racing pigeon stop in our yard and shack up with us. I thought it was weird how he was hanging out with my chickens so I put some seed and scratch grains on the ground for him and he promptly ate about 1/4 of his body weight and went into a food coma. :joy: I put him in some shelter and he slept and recuperated for 4 days, and then flew off on Easter Sunday. Oddly symbolic, that. It turns out he returned to us that Tuesday and then came and went daily for another week. I haven’t seen our little buddy now for a full week and I kind of miss him. Hopefully he’ll return one day.

5 Likes