Bitwig: Analog Four plugin not shown

I instealled Overbridge and can see my devices in the Overbridge control panel; sound browser, overbridge stand-alone recording etc all work.

My DAW of choice is Cubase, but not the Pro version – so no OB for me there. So I installed the 30-day trial version of Bitwig 4. It claims to be a full version without limitations, for the duration of the trial

In Bitwig I can choose the A4 under Settings/Synchronization, and get MIDI control to work between Bitwig and the A4. However I do not see the A4 listed in the plugins list/windows.

This could be because I don’t know Bitwig, but from the YouTube videos and posts here, it seems as if it Bitwig simply doesn’t show it to me.

Is some special sort of registration required for OB to be listed in Bitwig? Is it a consequence of me having installed OB before Bitwig? The OB manual mentions Bitwig once: as supported DAW – what could I be doing wrong? :slight_smile:
Thanks for all help!

I got one step closer: I added the Overbridge installation directory to Bitwig’s “Plug-in Locations”. Makes sense that Bitwig couldn’t know about this.

The Bitwig Device browser immediately started showing the “Elektron Overbridge” device, but it still doesn’t show the Analog Four.

I use Bitwig and the overbridge plugins for my Elektrons all appear just fine without doing anything special- I don’t think you’ll need to tell Bitwig where they are. I’d maybe try uninstalling ob and reinstalling, making sure that you check the box to install the analog4 vst.

1 Like

Thanks spikysimon. The VSTs are installed in the directory, but I’ll uninstall and reinstall tomorrow – maybe that solves it.
Thanks!

I uninstalled, restarted, reinstalled, restarted – but the situation didn’t change.

I’ll see whether Ableton works out instead; it’s the only product actually discussed in the manual, and way more people discuss it here in the forums.

Have a great day everyone.

I just took a closer look at your screenshot-I think it’s not showing up because you’re trying to add it to an audio track, which is expecting an FX VST. The A4 OB plugin is an instrument. Try adding it to your Inst 1 track at the top (or select “instrument” in device type at the bottom left of the plugin selection screen, which may let you add it)

Thank you, I’ll try that once I’m with the machines again!