Black Octatrack MKII now shipping

I didn’t understand your answer :joy:

1 Like

That black OT should look great next to my AE OT :joy:

2 Likes

Here or on AF? :content:

2 Likes

I’ve been wondering how the heck to do fill trig conditions on the OT. Not that I’ve ever used that condition, but you know, just in case I want to learn.

1 Like

Mk2 would have definitely deserved their own FILL button for sure.

3 Likes

wow thats insanely good skills. How do you enable/trigger the FILL trig conditions on the octatrack?

source

4 Likes

thank you. wasnt there yet in the manual, sorry

BOOM…! That should settle it…!

Edit: Wait…wrong thread…but that should settle the insane talk over on the OT sound quality malarky thread…

2 Likes

This is so addictive I need to watch multiple times!

Baseck proves once again OT is real instrument!

6 Likes

Finally coudn’t resist, and today I received brand new OT in black version. Elektron did a good marketing move. I’ve been on the fence with Octa and somehow even forgot that I regarded eventually getting it. Advertising new color simply reminded me and pushed to reevaluate decision.

So far I play factory patterns. Most of the things seem intuitive, maybe later it comes the hard part. Slider on this thing is really the masterpiece. Before, I thought that this is just useful gadget, but now I see it a as the center of entertainment. Forgive me, I only played with OT for half an hour. As for now it is LOVE at the first sight. I would never expect this as I’m more synth and not the sampler guy.

5 Likes

Yes they are pretty good in termes of Marketing.
They got me with the AE

2 Likes

Two weeks after purchase:

• Totally LOVE it, I didn’t expect this before
    • Not that hard to learn if:

a - you had some Elektron machines before. I have myself AK, AR, DN and now the OT. I’m not a fanboy, but I just like the workflow and sound. Moreover I regard it as a quite reasonable decision to have several machines with similar workflow. This way you can easily transfer large chunks of knowledge between machines. Many tricks you learn are immediately valid for several machines, not just one.

b - you have clear vision of how you want to use it, before you buy. I think I had that vision. Now I just try to implement it. Cerainly there are many confusing things, but definitely more clear design solutions. I use it mostly to affect incoming audio in various ways, sometimes severlely. For this purpose OT is perfect. Sure it could have one more input pair, but still it is grat as it is now. I just feed AR -> AB and (AK + DN) -> CD

• It’s a nerdy machine. It has plenty of possibilities but also very logical structure. Sometimes I feel like it was designed especially for me. I didn’t have such a strong impression on this with other Elektron machines.
    • It forces you to think, but also to go wild and spontaneous with fader and effects.
    • It perfectly complements AR and AK in the way I didn’t expect. It really fits well with these synths, but I suppose it goes as good with other synths and drum machines.
    • Effects not amazing but not terrible and definitely having huuge potential of abusing. And the fact you can stack many of them, lovely.

Summarizing, definitely a keeper. I was expecting huuuge suffering on the begining, but it’s definitely more fun. Such a lovely playful machine. But I hope the last Elektron I bought, as I already have few of them.

3 Likes

…So basically not one hour ago, i’ve managed to persuade myself not to get an Octatrack for various reasons :
-The Price.
-I’ve got Ableton.
-A Digitakt will do.
-So many things to discover with the Digitone.
-Elektron will release a future new Heavy weight of Sampler/performing machine as soon as i will unbox the Octatrack.

This video is very problematic…

6 Likes

don’t know about the last part @NeonMelk
no news about a new sampler yet, don’t expect one soon

how do you have both the AK and DN in C/D in octa?

Presumably by feeding the output of one (AK or DN) into the audio inputs of the other (DN or AK).

1 Like

I doubt there will be a new sampler from Elektron in the future

The future is now, get an Octatrack

2 Likes

@tendingtropic @Riuozami yeah…the last point was more of a joke than a real prediction !

The story is that i’m a classic case of someone discovering Elektron machines/worflow and falling in love with it the more i use and learn them.
I started with the Model:Samples and added a Digitone very recently so now the question is Digitakt or Octatrack.

I know how Digitakt would replace the M:S for some tasks and how the M:S would still be useful but the Octatrack remains an enigma.

So…until Elektron release something new, i’m saving and learning, but the Octatrack seems unavoidable.

1 Like

this is the kind of stuff I hate. hidden button combinations to reach certain features.

I love that they continue to add features even after it was created, manufactured, and shipped (so this feature is indeed “hidden” and not labeled on the interface in any way). and sure, it’s better to have it be there than not. but it should not be this obtuse to reach the feature. I mean, the fact that so many people reacted to that video with “what the hell is he doing with the arrow and page buttons!?!” and these people are regular owners and users of the device he’s using… I mean, that says a lot.

also I know I’m in the minority but I’m not a fan of that Baseck video. I just can’t handle his stuff. sorry.

2 Likes