Black Octatrack MKII now shipping

Yep…i was almost tempted by the latest MPCs but anything with a touchscreen is a no go for me.

Hello, first time poster here.

I have been lusting after an OT mkII for over two months now and finally bit the bullet. I should be getting a black one in the mail today. So stoked!

3 Likes

Hi all, I received my new black Octatrack MkII. I was just wondering whether this is considered a manufacturing defect, or is it considered normal to have the top right corner of the display cover look like that on the edge? Is good?

Update: For anyone concerned - Elektron replied that this is in fact not considered normal (there is minor damage to the display window which I did not cause myself). I will be exchanging this blemished beauty.

Do you know if its possible to hold down fill mode and copy the pattern to a blank one? Not sure if this would work in live but could be useful in the studio.

On OT, to copy the pattern to a blank one, you have to switch patterns, so there is always at least a blank step.
Only way to do this properly is to use something like the transition trick, to my knowledge.

Latch fill mode doesn’t change this, as far as I can tell.
It just activate all the FILL conditions on your current pattern trigs.

1 Like

Cheers. If you assigned an active fill mode to a scene and copied that scene to another would that be possible? As fill is a trig condition? I think.(p77 of manual). Sorry for being a bit off topic here.

I think you can’t assign trig conditions to scenes.
And I don’t really see how this would help you copy the current pattern to a blank one without a gap.

I might have misunderstood what you’re trying to do.

1 Like

Ah it was just wishful thinking. It would be a dream to be able to generate several fill conditions(not just one at a time) that you could recall in any order. Rather than having to input them manually. Copy/paste or assigning would mean you could do this. So fill is none assignable?

1 Like

No, pretty sure it isn’t.

1 Like

I think it would be really amazing if you could select a trig condition in advance and then lay down trigs with that selected condition applied to the recorded trigs, kind of like how you can set the velocity in advance. Unfortunately, to my knowledge, that is not currently possible.

1 Like

Well, you can copy a trig with the condition you want and paste it, the trig condition will be the same on every trig you paste. Seems close enough from your objective.

2 Likes

It’s the exact solution for grid recording mode, but I would really like to live record with certain pre-selected conditions enabled after a first pass of recording without that. Probably a discussion for a different thread though, but I still think it would be a nice feature to be able to play in some more varied patterns with less programming involved.

1 Like

:+1: :+1: :+1:

Finally I was able to pick mine up from the post office and the black is just gorgeous!

2 Likes