Blofeld love

interesting, ill give that a go

2 Likes

worked! and also while at it i removed a lot of the crazy amounts of grease on the encoder which is much nicer cause its not as stiff

5 Likes

SL license currently 80% (!) off normal price.

3 Likes

ā€¦if you are able to buy it.
The website does not let my create an account. Tried to different email addresses, no success. It appears that they do not want my money. Worst user experience ever!

Great stuff, I had always been curious about this but not curious enough to pay the asking price. Canā€™t say no for Ā£20 though. Anything I should try now I have it?!

Alot! You will find creative ways to use it.
Samples as moderators for FM synths, make one sample program be a drum kit, just two of my favourite things. You can load a sample into Osc slot 1 and 2 and modulate /route them any way you would with a regular Osc shape.

Actually getting your samples on the Blofeld is the first obstacle. See the link in my post a bit further up for help.

2 Likes

Sounds like fun! Iā€™ll have a play this weekend

Understanding how sample programs work took me a while. One sample program can contain multiple samples. So for example. Sample Program A1, could contain 23 (to choose a random number) different wav files, each assigned to a different midi note. When you load that sample to an Osc slot in a patch on the Blofeld, youā€™ve effectively loaded 23 samples in one slot.
A collection of sample programs is Set.
Stay aware of the overall limitation (I think itā€™s 80MB? in total for loading your samples), Otherwise have fun with it!

2 Likes

I sold mine in the endā€¦ I kinda was fed up with the bugs and most of all the Digitone killed it.

Maybe a stupid question, but how do I access the samples? Iā€™ve successfully enabled SL and I think successfully uploaded the samples, but I donā€™t see any samples in the Shape menu - I was expecting to see them after the User Wavetables based on the manual?

EDIT: nevermind, looks like my upload didnā€™t work for some reason - just uploaded one sample and it worked! Will try again

The video series I linked up above a few weeks(?) ago has a tutorial on how to upload the samples, in case you get stuck.

On that subject. Has anyone found a quicker way to get to the samples when assign to an osc? Itā€™s a lot of turning past wavetables. Probably no short cut but just askingā€¦

In continuing the Blofeld Loveā€¦

80% off of the SL License until May 17th

https://waldorfmusic.com/index.php?option=com_acymailing&ctrl=url&subid=39351&urlid=474&mailid=37435

I already have it but itā€™s the cheapest Iā€™ve seen it.

Edit: just saw somebody else posted it above too. Oh wellā€¦ bump :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Although @80% it is a fair price, this feature is a pain to use, dead slow (no more than 30kb/sec) and buggy on uploading samples. I took it at 50% off and I regret this choice. I would avoid it even at the greatest discount. Considering those fundamental limitations and upload bugs, most will end up setting some samples and then forget it.

4 Likes

I guess itā€™s time for Waldorf to renew the Blofeld with some Quantum DNAā€¦

I filled mine with mellotron samples and never looked back

1 Like

I had to buy a new mixer today so no blofeld SL love for me.

Hello dear blo folks! Has anyone had this issue after installing the sl license before?

Iā€™ve uploaded the samples included with the licence on the blo, the installation was smooth and succesful, but after a bit of tweaking while making a patch using a sample , I canā€™t access the ā€œEnvelopeā€, ā€œLFOā€ and ā€œModulationā€ matrix anymore, (the display is missing graphics and the red led light jumps straight to the matrix). When twisting, the knobs they do what they are suposed to but the diplay on the screen is missing half the information, for example the matrix doesnt show the list columns left and right but the bottom info (XOR, AND, etc) is displayed fine.

Also i found another problem, when this happens sometimes i canā€™t scroll the wavetable i have loaded on the second osc.

If I restart the Blofeld, it works again but when i start tweaking the patch it starts to bug again. I know of one person who has had the same issue but other than that i have not heard of this problem before.

I have the latest firmware and am aware of classic blo troubleshooting such as these ā€“ https://waldorfmusic.weclapp.com/webapp/view/helpdesk/portal/blofeld/faq_detail.page?faqId=159111

Can anyone help? @PeterHanes you are the all knowing synth wizard :slight_smile: Do you have any suggestion?

I have a desktop black one and really like it. I have the mystery island editor which is a great helper but the synth is very good to program without it though. I donā€™t have the SL activated yet. Is it worth it? Itā€™s really cheap only this weekend. Would you recommend it, do you really use it?

@philP Try long-pressing the button for the matrix row you want. There is a setting in global that changes display behaviour and you have to long press. Forget what itā€™s called and not with blofeld now. Long shot but worth a try