Blofeld love

ARP patch with sine waves. Unisono@6. No filter for sines on Filter 01.

Noise goes to Filter 2, HP with modulation.

Later, I bring in the Volca Drum.

0:00 Starts out Waldorf Blofeld. Stereo=unisono. Sines with pitch and amplitude modulation. To filter 1 bypassed.

0:48 bring in Volca Drum.

1:15 turn off ARP from Hold, to off. You notice the amp envelope opens and closes after the ARP is done, as it is a one shop amp envelope.

3 Likes

Here is the link to my mellotron samples if anyone is interested.
I have loaded on both my Blofeld and Sledge.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6pJncDMpgIkQTNzc1J2dWZDd3M?resourcekey=0-kOJpkzc5DyiC_CgJ9AHy-Q&usp=sharing

5 Likes
1 Like

Why encoder issues did you have? I feel my knobs can be a bit slow to respond, I wonder if that can be changed?

Thanks

After 8 years maybe I can finally start to get this to sing.
This is the UpperWaves wavetable, filter disabled.
All sorts of modifier XPloits!

8 Likes

Starts out Korg Monotribe with CV modulated filter from DIY Turing.

How the patch is made:

21 Sagan is one 8’ sawtooth put into a 24 db Low Pass Filter

Filter Envelope supplied initial “chiff” and also controls pink noise amount.

Env 3’s sustain in modulated by a 4 Bar Clocked triangle wave LFO that

modulates the pitch in octaves and also affects the filter cutoff

Unisono is set to 3 and stereo pan is set to Unisono

Filter drive is set to Sine Shaper at 32/127 units and as such Oscillator levels have to be low (42) or it will fry like an egg!

1 Like

One of my moons of Jupiter patches
Waldorf Blofeld WT patch Wavetable 7 “Sawsweep”
fed into a Low Pass Filter.
Clocked LFO affects Cutoff of 24db LP filter and also is modified to
affect pitch in octave intervals.
Filter 2 is a Self oscillating 24db LP filter.
Unison is set to 3, and filter pan is set to unison.

Blue keybed is sounding plus it controls Vermona perFOURmer

Percussion: Korg Monotribe as Bass Drum, and Korg Monotribe as random sine generator.

Playing is fairly sloppy, so listen to the tones instead!

3 Likes

Minor complaint though - and request for thoughts on ways around:

Voice stealing, especially when designing stacked pads. A 3 note chord, followed by another 3 note chord can steal those voices if you have too much going on for the poor thing. :frowning:

There has been some discussion / tips on this. Maybe in this thread even. Someone did a table for polyphony of another Waldorf (on another forum I think) and pinpointed some resource- heavy things. Can’t search for atm but do know that comb filter is really resource heavy

1 Like

Yes it can. Depends on what’s going on. Check for unisono. Lots of modulations. modifiers. types of filters. wavetables and samples. It all adds up.

I searched but couldn’t find this table, would love to get it again and save it, really helpful

Probabmy it was this I was thinking of

@sezare56 again!!

3 Likes

:wink:
Not complete tests, not taking account of comb filters for instance…

1 Like

maybe not complete but the best ressource we can find acually :wink:

2 Likes

I posted this above as well. It is for the Micro Q, but it gives an idea of some of the costs involved. Samples, unisono, Comb filters, and effects are probably the biggest resource drains.

https://www.sequencer.de/waldorf/waldorf_microq.html#Anchor-HIER-49575

2 Likes

I’d say his table is way too generous! I have written patched with one wavetable, unisono=3 but with the 01WT/SMP operator and might end up with 3-4 note polyphony! I only ever use the Blofeld as a monotimbral device anyhow.

There are ways to polychain the Blofeld as long as you have the Blofeld Keys/and module with MIDI SOLUTIONS Event Processor and a MIDI Thru box.

1 Like

But the best and easiest way to polychain your Blofeld without the keys is to route your midi controller to a MIDI SOLUTIONS Router as low key/high key split and send everything below middle C to channel A lower Blomod and everything at or above middle C to Channel B to upper Blomod.

The Router is transparent to everything except the split so program change, cc, aftertouch etc, etc is passed through to both modules.

An older patch .

Pink noise fed into two low pass self-oscillating filters with keytrack in serial.

Filter drive is set to sine shaper on both filters.

No oscillators are used, and all the modulation such as pitch wheel and modwheel affect a lagged envelope to adjust the pitched noise.

Backed up with the Vermona '14 controlling a Vermona perFOURmer in 4 VCO mono M1 mode.

Argh when he goes into multi mode without saving his patch you know he’s on shaky ground lol

6 Likes