Blubox1010 midi help with DT and DN

Hello,

I’m close to buying the Bluebox 1010 and I’m wondering how I can get Midi connected to it from the DT as I use this as the main device (clock etc). Can I use what I have or is the a good midi box that can help?

The DT only has the Midi Thru Sync B and the DN has the Midi Out Sync A

I’m also looking at getting an effects pedal like the Microcosm which also has Midi.

Just a question, why are you using midi channels 9-12 on the digitone?

You can turn the Typhon 's midi out into a midi thru
After setting that, you can go from the Typhon midi out to the blue box midi in

2 Likes

Also could use Digitone midi out to bluebox, if you want to send CC from Digitone (instead of Digitakt). Probably lots of ways to set it up, and in my experience once you get to gear you’ll see how you use it and what works best

1 Like

I don’t have a DN, but from looking at the pictures, isn’t the Midi out the same on DN as it is on DT?

DT (master clock) - Midi out to DN.
DN Midi Sync A to Typhon
DN Midi Sync B to BlueBox

I just set it up with ST as the master clock to DT.
Then from DT, both Sync A and Sync B can be used to send transport and clock to Blue Box because Sync B will mirror the input of Sync A.

1 Like

They are buttons 9 to 12 on the DT, button 9 is MIDI channel 1 (track 1 on the DT).

Not the clearest on my diag I realise.

Thanks, I will try that. What will complicate things is when I add an effects pedal that has midi and where that goes.

Thanks, I’ll try that, what will complicate things is when I add an effects pedal which has midi to the mix too.

1 Like

I haven’t tried it yet, but per a forum response BlueBox has midi thru for Sync only.

Hopefully that includes transport in addition to clock.

Depending on what type of pedal control (sync or sync+program change) you might need to add an additional box. I use the MIDI Solutions Quadra Thru box as it doesn’t require an additional power source (powered by MIDI). It’s also relatively cheap at $50. Maybe others here have cheaper solutions.

I also have a Disaster Area Micro Pro for program changes and MIDI Box 4 to connect with the different pedals (easily accommodates type A, and type b connections).
Both of those need 9V power and space. I don’t use a board anymore, but when I did setup a board, I kept the MIDI Box 4 underneath.

https://midisolutions.com