Boss RC10-R Looper / Drum Machine love

I haven’t seen any topics or mentions of this pedal yet so I figured I’d start a new thread. I just got one and I’m shocked at how good it is, both in terms of ease of use and how good the drum kit sounds are. Most importantly, you can run the drum kits out of one output and your guitar signal out to another. AND you can upload your own MIDI files for the drum kits, which is very very cool. I’ve wanted something like this for a long, long time that didn’t sound like complete garbage and I’m very impressed with this thing so far.

Also has MIDI sync and several hours worth of storage time, so I see this becoming an incredibly useful studio tool. Probably going to be running the drum side of things through my AH (no FX sadly!) and the guitar loop side into my amp (duh).

Anyone else using one or considering it?

1 Like

Midi sync yes,but no transport. Recording are good,but drum kits sucks. I don’t like this pedal,sold it.

1 Like

Surprised to hear you thought the drum kits sounded bad. Did you try all of the different kits, through their own output, not going into your guitar amp? I am very picky about these kinds of things and was genuinely surprised. They are also way more dynamic than past ‘canned’ drum loops.