Bought a Nintendo Switch

Luigi’s Mansion 3 is enough scares for me. It’s probably the best game on Switch this far.

Years ago I played a little Dead Space and almost soiled my pants. Survival horror in space is a lot scarier than some random zombies in the rain.

5 Likes

Better than BotW?

If you ever get a chance be sure to play silent hill 2 and 3…really fantastic games. The first one still holds up imo… I played it for the first time just a couple years ago.

1 Like

That’s debatable. I enjoy Breath Of The Wild immensely, but I never felt compelled to finish the main story. I ended up wandering aimlessly, collecting food supplies and cooking up meals from them. Can’t even remember what I’m supposed to do anymore.

Luigi’s Mansion 3 on the other hand is very story driven and filled with beautiful puzzles and huge bosses. Very enjoyable although kinda shortlived. I’d rate it better than Mario Oddyssey, but Zelda is a tougher cookie.

Let’s agree it’s a draw.

2 Likes

Unclear if already suggested but Celeste. Sounds like a Digitone soundtrack haha. All those FM sounds!

Also if you are into metroidvanias “Axiom Verge” is a great one as well.

6 Likes

I did miss solid puzzles in BotW.

I was super disappointed in Odyssey so now I don’t give any Mario a chance but will keep my eye on this one.

2 Likes

Yup. Sadly Super Mario 3D World on Wii U is still unbeaten. It’s the best Mario ever. There was a certain wow factor to Oddyssey, but that (as the whole game) was soon over.

It’s good but nothing is better than BotW!

2 Likes

I’ve had my eye on this and have heard good things. I went ahead and purchased it.

Outside of that:

• Little Nightmares was a GREAT game(loading times suck)
  • Celeste was a good enough platformer to keep me engaged to continue playing it
  • I didn’t really care for Hollow Knight, but it was pretty
  • Darksiders was pretty meh
  • Beholder 1 was a pretty engrossing game
    -Beholder 2 was also pretty engrossing until after the second promotion and then playing the game felt like an actual day job
  • Typoman was less fun than you’d think it would be
    -Oxenfree- I haven’t heard a single bad review for, but I was thoroughly anti-impressed
  • Bendy and the Ink Machine was both cool and kinda BS. I’m conflicted over the upcoming sequel.

The Stanley Parable is soon coming to switch and that will be exciting

Valfaris certainly looks like a cool heavy metal inspired game, also reminds me of Abuse or blackthorne if you remember those games. Sort of has that hilariously over the top metal self serious feel. Its on sale on steam currently but seems like it would be a nice pick up and play switch game as well. It also seems like a game many people here would quite enjoy!

6 Likes

Another vote for GRIS. Music is wonderful and the gameplay is joyful.

Reminds me of Journey (free flow gameplay type)

2 Likes

Looks epic. Might have to check this one out!

Katana Zero is an absolute blast for sure. The story line is interesting!

Turrican meets Doom.

Just bought Civilization VI to play with my partner, this being their first ever and my first Civ game since Civ III. I have to say it works suprisingly well on the Switch, and we’ve already lost tens of hours on the hotseat multiplayer!

1 Like

How dare you suggest it is better than Super Mario World. Not only the best Mario but arguably the best game of all time too!

4 Likes

Yall talkin like the Galaxies don’t exist :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Moonlighter. Most addictive game ever. I bought it on discount in the christmas time and started playing it on my january social media break. I can’t put it down. It’s a kinda 8Bit Zelda -style dungeon romp but with the added bonus of resource management. At night time you’re an adventurer who goes out killing monsters and getting loot. At daytime you’re the village shopkeeper selling that loot for a good profit. Higly recommended.

5 Likes

I’ve been addicted to that indie game “Return to Obra Dinn” game. It’s incredible!

It’s like those old logic puzzles they gave you in fourth grade where you’re trying to figure out who has what based on little clues and deductions.

It’s so good. I wish I had bought this when it was on sale

4 Likes

I can finally join this thread as I ordered a Switch the other day, should be arriving any day now :metal:

Some great recommendations in this thread :slight_smile:

5 Likes