Bought a Nintendo Switch

Makes it look so easy.

I’m not sure I ever see anyone posting about Civ VI. I play this more than anything right now. Part of it is due to the fact that it’s one game that’s very playable, even when the sticks drift…

2 Likes

I don’t know if Persona 5 is available on Switch yet, but I’ve been playing on Xbox. But its a perfectly decent game.

Stylish and classy done jrpg.

The story is interesting from the beginning- it feels like a complex take on the psychonauts concept.

For better or worse(depending on the player) its VERY story driven. Gameplay elements are fun enough when they arrive.

~10 hours playing I’ll give it about a 6.5 on a harsh grading scale

Very stylish. But the UI is way too stylish. It makes my head spin.

But in general, nice game.

2 Likes

I was suitably hooked pretty much immediately (well after finally getting past all the opening short fights and cut scenes) on Bayonetta 3. Excellent game IMO.

It’s basically like Bayonetta 2, but bigger, more characters, more demons to control, new weapon styles, more time/dimensional aspects.

I would also guess that it’s just a touch friendlier to new players as well. Even though the other ones weren’t exactly terribly difficult, I think this one would be just a bit easier to get started with, and find your bearings. None of these games are exactly typical for the third person fighting/beatemup/RPG thing.

Anyway, if you like Bayonetta, I highly recommend this one too. If you don’t, you should try the second and third ones again. :stuck_out_tongue: (the first one is great too, but it’s probably not the one to change your mind if you’re on the fence)

2 Likes

Civ VI is an all-time favorite and works great on Switch. The late game requires a secondary task to be engaged in though lol

I have also been playing on Xbox and feel the same. I just finished the first dungeon and was introduced to what comes next and haven’t felt much of a pull at this point.

Part of the problem might be that I’ve been getting a Tokyo life simulator fix from the Yakuza and Judgment games all year, and I really enjoy the humor which offsets the more serious subject matter in those games, where Persona doesn’t seem to have that and that’s cool but it makes some of the cringier moments more cringey.

I do like the combat though. Getting my jrpg fix from it for now. Maybe I’ll get into it more, as I know things are still opening up.

2 Likes

I’m lightly pulled into the game. If it was removed from game pass without me getting to play it anymore, I might be a little disappointed.

The ONE thing that really hooks me(outside of Morgana’s animations and that Okabe Rinataros VA from Steins Gate being in the cast) is the constant bouncing back and forth between the present and the past. It punctuates each character’s introduction and plot point compellingly. Gameplay is pretty fun.

Don’t really care about the life simulation stuff. Its starting to get pretty unwieldy

1 Like

Been waiting for Eastward to get a discount and this morning noticed it had finally come to a -40% discount. Didn’t even bat an eyelid when I went for it and purchased the game. After playing for an hour or so, I’m really loving it. Amazing pixel-graphics (which isn’t normally a thing I enjoy), great characters, excellent story and the game itself feels a lot like Zelda - Link To The Past had been revived as a postapocalyptic dystopia.

Recommended highly. Get it while it’s still cheapish.

5 Likes

I picked up this :point_up_2:+ Disco Elysium for post-surgery entertainment. Should possibly have chosen something with a lighter mood :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Whoa dude! Good luck with the procedure!

2 Likes

All done and dusted thanks mate :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Might change my mind, but have to say I’m finding Eastward a bit style-over-substance so far (7 hours in). Looks and sounds gorgeous, but personally I’m finding the dialogue dull and really laborious (50%ish of playtime, even set on high speed), Zelda influence is way too on-the-sleeve, and it’s really hand-holdy when it comes to plot and any proper feeling of exploration. Just a counterpoint opinion to @Wolf-Rami (but glad you’re enjoying it, mate!)

2 Likes

I just found my working Turbo Grafx Express which I bought from the newspaper classifieds like 20 years ago. Gonna sell this thing and buy a Switch for 1/4th of the price.

1 Like

Nice cover on Korg Gadget (Switch)

Got an email from Target about Black Friday game deals. One deal is the Mario Kart 8 Switch bundle for $299… which is the same price at other stores :rofl:

1 Like

E-store sale is on.

Anyone play DOOM: Eternal on Switch care to comment on the graphics? I have a decent gamer PC, but I sure do love ripping and tearing on the couch…

If Doom doesn’t work out there’s always this

I would not consider this to be honest. this game needs to be fast and good looking and then its a heel of a ride. if you can play it on pc, oh my god do it!!!

2 Likes

Has somebody played this new game already? Seems like a mix between Zelda and Death‘s Door. Since it’s new I‘m not expecting a sale anytime soon but I need something to shift me away from Hades :sweat_smile: I unlocked every single bit and now I‘m just doing speed runs in attempt to finish a run in under 10 minutes…

3 Likes

BTW: if you like a nice little puzzling adventure I can recommend this one. For this price you can’t really go wrong.

1 Like