Bought a Nintendo Switch

same! i really felt compelled to find them. I think i got to maybe 97%-ish completion on my own (very slowly) but some of those charms i never would have figured out. I also never tried to finish that quest where you have to take a delicate flower all the way across the map.

1 Like

@natehorn and @Wolf-Rami wow, I forgot about Blast Corps. What a great game.

3 Likes

That quest is not that hard if you use a little trick. Clear the path of all enemies before you get the flower. Then go get the flower but don’t save on a bench. Enemies only respawn if you save on a bench. This makes it much easier.

1 Like

Great tip! Didn’t have the nerves either to try that quest, but this seems doable.

What I also didn’t try, is the Path of Pain. This video is so ff’ing insane:

6 Likes

I completely understand this. I loved playing through hollow knight, but on repeat playthroughs the boss fights just get old and boring to me. I’m in it for the atmosphere, not the brutal challenge. Also, I’m still really bad at Nosk, fuck that fight.

3 Likes

It’s not even the boss fights, it’s the backtracking :laughing:. Brutal, wonderful game

Best bit of the whole game spoiler

When that bug woman offers banking services, and you come back for your savings and there’s just scattered pieces of her kiosk laying around. I absolutely love them for that :joy:. Trust no-one

2 Likes

I hope Silksong brings the same vibe but ups the ante with more variety of bosses and even richer atmospheres. I’m have high hopes TeamCherry can.

@Hooger I had already played Celeste so was ready in a sense for Path of Pain but was still gobsmacked by how difficult it was. Just unrelenting in missing the faintest button combo.

Edit: Spoiler of favorite part

The Abyss is seriously one of the bleakest things I’ve ever seen in a video game.

2 Likes

:pray:t2:

wow!! Incredible performance, that video IS insane!

1 Like

Did you complete it? I am really very bad at “jumping” with a down strike, so I never even tried it.

1 Like

I did yes but I couldn’t even guess how long or how many tries it took. A full evening I think. I’m don’t have the best gaming skills either.

Wow, that video is ridiculous. The last thing I did was the colluseum of fools, which was probably the most challenging video game part I’ve ever beaten. Haven’t tried the path of pain and I’m glad I didn’t because that just looks way too hard and way too frustrating.

My deepest respect. I think I couldn’t cope with all the frustration.

2 Likes

Agreed, it’s one of my favorite areas in any game. That and, for opposite reasons, Greenpath.

1 Like

I completed two out of three in the Colloseum of Fools, because I needed the pale ore you get after the second one to score a pure nail.
I didn’t do the third, because I was really fed up with it :upside_down_face:

Path of pain for me is a no go

1 Like

You get into a trancelike state and it doesn’t even register as frustration anymore nothing registers anymore you just keep droningly pushing ahead little by little until you’ve somehow made it out and then question wtf you’re doing with your life spending so long as an insect dodging sawblades.

2 Likes

:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Man, I used to be you guys. Beating all the tough games and then talking about them as life-changing experiences.

Now, I can hardly plant a seed in Stardew Valley without getting the game over screen. And that’s saying something, since Stardew don’t even have a game over state.

5 Likes

Does it have something like Wing Commander???

Subdivision Infinity DX is a bit like that. It looked really nice, but it got quite tedious after about 4 hours of gameplay.