Bought used Digitakt - just noticed slightly bent encoder. What are my options?

Hey everybody!

New excited member of the community. Just got my used Digitakt today and after getting home noticed a bent encoder. It works normally, but visually you can really tell that it’s bent.

Considering that it’s a second-hand product and I don’t have a receipt, is it something elektron can help me with? It was built in 2020 according to the number in the back.

All the best!

All Elektron products have a 3-year warranty. So register it on Elektron.se then create a support ticket to see what can be done. It might involve sending to them in Sweden but hopefully it will be fixed free of charge. Anyway, if you don’t ask, you don’t get etc etc :slight_smile:

1 Like

Another option is to contact the person you bought it from. Some folks will shirk responsibility but others will offer to reimburse you for expense of fixing it, or go through the painful process of having shipping company reimburse for repairs (I’d this was shipped). I’d start by notifying the person you bought it from.

3 Likes

A technician might just gently bend it back.

Of course there’s an outside chance that they might break it off, but if a technician was set upon fixing it anyway, that would be the first thing they’d do.

I’d say do both the recommendations above.

Thanks everyone :slight_smile: Elektron is happy to help

3 Likes