Buchla & Tiptop Audio Series 200 Eurorack Modules

take the inspiration where you find it! best wishes.

1 Like

am just being a big baby. canā€™t lie, iā€™m stoked for those modules to arrive tomorrow!!

2 Likes

Forgot to post that one over here !

I got weak and bought a 281t second hand today even tho I donā€™t need it at all. At least I will be able to make a nice comparative video of three different 281 clones hahaha.
Coming soon !

5 Likes

Iā€™m still reeling from your QMMG vs. Optomix vactrol shootout!

Edited because I accidentally included LxD in the description but it was actually 2x QMMG vs. Optomix, even better. And going to link the video here for any fellow vactrol lovers. Hope this isnā€™t too off topic, Buchla and vactrols kinda go together though!

1 Like

Itā€™s true I still need to do that at some point hahaha.

Meanwhile someone asked on Modwiggler about the knobs cap quality of those TipTop Buchla modules and wanted to know how those would look with ā€œoriginalā€ Rogan on, so here we go, starting with the original look:

Not much of a difference visualy, but indeed the real Rogans have a better feel under your finger to my taste, but I donā€™t think it worth the price of swapping them all.

1 Like

The ones on the TT module are Rogan Alpha series. I generally prefer the RB series as well, but they arenā€™t too bad. You can get them from a few places, so if for instance you wanted red Alphas, theyā€™re available.

3 Likes

After many people asked me to compare the 258t and the Verbos Complex Oscillator, Iā€™ve finaly done it:

2 Likes

4 Likes

I kept my mouth shut but they told me a while back via email they were planning on doing this hehehe. Even with all the complex oscillator I have already Iā€™m sure iā€™ll get this one as well hahaha.

Coming back to this thread make me realised I never posted that tutorial / tips & tricks about the 281tā€™s (and any other module inspired from it) OR outputs.

4 Likes

245t Sequencer is on itā€™s way to distributors!

5 Likes

ADDED : The European ban has to do with cadmium.

2 Likes

Such a pointless ban. There are FAR worse things to worry about than a microscopic amount of cadmium in a SEALED component. In the scheme of discarded things to end up in a landfill or to cause humans or animals harm, optocouplers do not even rate.

I designed a vactrol free low pass gate, and liked the results, but vactrols are still nice. Just designed this board a few days ago in fact:

Cadmium ban impacting something like opto-couplers is misguided AT BEST. Makes me want to use vactrol more out of spite. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

yes.

1 Like

oh godā€¦

Two new modules:
296t - Programmable Spectral Processor
August 2023

207t - Mixer/Preamplifier
August 2023

1 Like

Oof! Definitely on the radar!

4 Likes

I imagine the entire mining process doesnā€™t help things, even if the lack of vac does make me sad.