Bugs/Quirks Workaround Thread

I thought it would be nice to have a thread where others could share their insight on getting around any known MM bugs/quirks/limitations. Please share your thoughts and ideas on what you have noticed and how you deal with it.

1. (OS 1.32b)
The problem
MM gets stuck in ‘copy snapshot’ mode so you can’t copy page, track, machine, etc. as it will remain stuck in ‘copy snapshot’ mode until the MM is powered off and on again.

The workaround
Do not use [Tempo] X2 as a shortcut to exit from the global menu.

2. (OS 1.32b)
The problem
MM randomly double triggers notes in ‘live record’ mode. Of course the note is not recorded in double it just makes it difficult to play in time with notes randomly sounding a split second after the live triggered note.

The workaround
Instead of setting [Trig Select] to ‘All’ set it to either just ‘Filter’ or ‘LFO’. When you ‘live record’ the notes will not randomly double. Next press [Trig Select] and go back to ‘All’ and change all the recorded notes back to normal ‘Trigs’. This is a bit of a pain but is the only way I’ve found around this for now.

1 Like

:+1:

The copy snapshot bug happens also when saving snapshot, for me at least. I don’t see a workaround for that other than not saving snapshot until the unit is about to be powered off.

Oh, thank you thank you!
I was looking for a solution to this for a long time yesterday night; nearly all night, and I had no idea that this workaround existed. Maybe someone should let Elektron know? :stuck_out_tongue:
They didn’t mention it to me when I filed a support ticket!

Not a bug but does the tune parameter bother anyone else? 64 represents 100 cents so its hard to dial in certain values.

I’m just going by my memory here … but I think it records the pitch too. I don’t remember going back and changing the pitches.

Maybe someone else can chime in on this.

Everytime I see this post it makes me want to get a Monomachine again!

Not sure of the question here. What do you guys mean?

In all my years with the monomachine I’ve never had an issue with double pitch recording.

The mono always records pitch and notes from the seq keys

ReAlly? I’ve never heard it before. Shit, now it’ll be like a siren going off…must forget now and go to bed, ha