BUTT FLOTSUM - ACID on a Warp tip with 2x MnM, 1x A4, TR8 & more

This one is lifted from my new album due out next week on the Nov 27.

Titled Butt Flotsam which is an in joke between myself and a friend whose Xoxbox I borrowed after a message exchange in which autocorrect botched the track title into what it is now. We laughed so hard the name stuck.

As always, written, arranged, composed, programmed mixed and produced by myself.

Kit used for those interested -

Microtonic

Roland JD-XA

Analog Four

Monomachine SFX60MkII

Monomachine SFX60 MKII+

Roland TR8

Xoxbox

Phoscyon

Kilpatrick Audio Phenol

Mixed and Produced in Logic X

On Vimeo only for now - the video is in HD if you view it on Vimeo Directly.
Enjoy - Acid on a more classic IDM tip but I digress…

Now on Soundcloud as well -

Loving this! Acid, IDM, and a nice dubby bass to pull it all together. Very nicely produced for it to sound so good on my headphones!

really enjoyed this one. my mind keeps trying to reverse-engineer your original intended title, but sometimes autocorrect’s wisdom cannot and should not be questioned.

Thanks for the feedback gentlemen.
Glad you enjoyed it :wink:

Pretty good !

A bit more aggressive, and you would get close to some late AFX (imo)
:slight_smile:

I’d rather it sounded like Venn Diagram :wink:
Never owned an AFX / Polygon Window / Richard D.James album ever.
Was introduced to Ambient Textures Volume 1 years back by friends when it was released on vinyl but was always a bigger fan of artists like John Foxx, Richard H.Kirk, Cabaret Voltaire, Nitzer Ebb, Front 242, SPK, Propaganda, Fad Gadget, Beaumont Hannant, Eno, Cage, FSOL, The Orb, the 4AD Artist Roster, New Order , Plaid, Throbbing Gristle, Meat Beat Manifesto, Mark Bell, The Black Dog, KLF and so on at the time.
Probably an age thing as I am a few years older than he who shall not be named .
I wouldn’t at all be surprised if we grew up with similar musical influences.
I tend to veer away from the aggressive sounding end of the analog spectrum also sound design wise as a rule of thumb (just a preference I guess).
At 47 this is about as hard as I get. lol

Was introduced to Ambient Textures Volume 1 years back by friends when it was released on vinyl but was always a bigger fan of artists like John Foxx, Richard H.Kirk, Cabaret Voltaire, Nitzer Ebb, Front 242, SPK, Propaganda, Fad Gadget, Beaumont Hannant, Eno, Cage, FSOL, The Orb, the 4AD Artist Roster, New Order , Plaid, Throbbing Gristle, Meat Beat Manifesto, Mark Bell, The Black Dog, KLF and so on at the time.
Probably an age thing as I am a few years older than he who shall not be named .
I tend to veer away from the aggressive sounding end of the analog spectrum also sound design wise as a rule of thumb (just a preference I guess).

[/quote]
You just listed some of my favorite electronic artists I used to listen to in the 80’s & 90’s (including Aphex and his aliases). I’ve gone away from the IDM/ambient style since around mid-2000’s, opting for a more beat-oriented minimal & house sound, but I’m still very fond of my roots!

[/quote]
Okaaaaay… I’ll power on the Soulseek and do my homework !
Cheers.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Lots of MnM and A4 action all over the album.

https://venndiagram.bandcamp.com/album/throwing-shade