Buy a Digitone

Hello everyone.
My first post here.
I’m using modular and hardware synths since few years already and I want to buy a Digitone because it looks the perfect portable “doyourmusicwhereverthefIwant”
I’ve seen that Digitone release was 2018 and I am a bit worried there could be a MK2 soon.
Am I just paranoid?

Thank you guys and I hope we can talk soon of other more ambient topic :slight_smile:

Cheers,
T

1 Like

I just bought a Digitone Keys. It is lovely. Earlier, I bought an Analog Four mk1, knowing that there was a mk2. It is also lovely. I honestly doubt that there will be a Digitone mk2 any time soon, but if there is, so what? If I have a good instrument to work with, I will still be happy.

4 Likes

Welcome the forum!

Yes.

7 Likes

Yes

3 Likes

Yes

7 Likes

The digitone is awesome. The hypothetical release of a mk2 doesn’t change that, it’ll still be awesome.

2 Likes

Am I a Digitone?

Yes.

11 Likes

yes

3 Likes

and yes I said yes I will Yes.

After 10 years of dabbling from one synth to another, from computer to building my own and buying selling a shitload, the Digitone Keys seems to be such a power house of sound, I can’t imagine how powerful that thing is and I am surprised not to hear/see more people creating and publishing stuff made on that tool. I’ve never tried one, but if you are tempted to try/buy it go for it! It’s going to rock your world for a long time and the resale price will probably stay pretty high for a long time… and yeah, Elektron will probably push many other product before making a mkii… I don’t even thing they would do a MKII they would probably simply release a diff synth all together…

There won’t be a Digitone MKII. Buy a Digitone!

Yes.

1 Like

Note that the Digitone may not fully meet your “the perfect portable “doyourmusicwhereverthefIwant”” requirement as it is not inherently battery powered.

2 Likes

The mkii is though

2 Likes

Everyone, thanks a lot. It was a long time since I’ve seen so many answer and community presence on a forum.

Just to summarise it:
Yes.

2 Likes

Yes

1 Like

Well, you are right. I actually meant kitchen - livingroom - office - men’s cave

:smiley:

Seems like good advice to me :slight_smile:

1 Like

All I can say is: Digitone sounds GREAT, is incredibly versatile and portable, and you can make whole tracks with it. And above all it’s fun to use. Nobody here can really say for sure if there’s a Mk 2 coming, but I doubt it would happen any time soon.

1 Like

Why don’t you have one already!?

Ma favourite synth, I reckon. It does everything, ya know!

1 Like