Buying a +Drive

Hi all, new member here… I recently bought an MD UW MKII without the +Drive… got it for a song but am quickly finding a couple things:

1.) This thing is awesome… one of the nicest pieces of gear I’ve ever worked with.
2.) I am running out of sample room… fast.

I wanted to get the +Drive, and after contacting Elektron, they bounced me to repairs@elektronmusicmachines.com who I emailed 2 weeks ago with no reply yet… My question is this - is there anywhere else I can get a +Drive? Curious if there are any active third parties, I’m comfortable installing it myself and between the high cost and the lack of response I’m hoping I have some other options.

Thanks all -

The + drive is key, for sure! Back when I had mine installed (4 years ago?), the work was done by a guy named Don Hassler in Georgia. Not sure where you’re located, and if Don is still the US Elektron repair man, but if you are state-side it couldn’t hurt to try him. It may get the ball rolling faster as he may have better access to Elektron…

1-770-845-9617
Don Hassler/Elektron USA Service
Address line 1:# 270
Address line 2: 375 Rockbridge RD. NW Suite 172
Lilburn, GA 30047

welcome to the forumm… maybe you can install it yourself if you find a second hand md +drive … afaik +drives are not sold separately on the market for home installs …

Thanks guys… yeah I would like to buy a second-hand or third party one, haven’t found any online yet though.

FYI, Don no longer does repairs on Elektron gear now that the Los Angeles office is open. A very friendly guy with years of experience working on synths, but based on a conversation I had with him a few months back when I needed a repair, he no longer works with the company.

roljui, plus drives pop up for sale around here once in a blue moon. You might post in the Marketplace section of the forum, someone might have one.

Thanks dubathonic… good idea.

Well after almost 6 weeks of no reply from the Elektron folks I ended up doing what I should have done in the first place - flipped my MD and got one with the +Drive already. Cost me less than the upgrade, so I’m happy. Would have spent the money for the upgrade though, if it were possible… hope that level of response isn’t what I can expect if I ever need repairs… gulp

YMMV - i’ve waited days and days for a response before, but on crucial stuff, it’s always been pretty quick.