Calling all Digitakt and Mother 32 owners

Hi folks.
I recently purchased a Digitakt, Mother 32 and Subharmonicon.
I want to sequence the mother 32 via the digitakt (instead of m32 onboard sequencer) which I’ve managed to do fine by disabling the midi transport function.
The problem I’m having is that I can’t get the subH to trigger when starting the digitakt.
I tried patching m32 assign into subH clock but that only seems to work if I’m sending the midi transport from digitakt (which will trigger the m32 sequencer, which I’m trying to avoid).
Any ideas?
I don’t mind using some other device to set master clock (eg ableton or I have a korg sq-64 but not sure if that is a possible route?).
Any help much appreciated!

I would think that the Mother does not send on midi clock when not receiving it (or is only transport turned off? And then how would they be in sync?)
You probably need to send midi clock to SubH separately. This means midi out from DT to midi splitter device l, then to Mother and SubH.

If I understand correctly.

iirc it does have multiple midi outs, so it’s something to at least investigate in the meantime

Technically I don’t think he even needs the splitter unless he intends on eventually sequencing more pieces. He can send the midi out to one device and the midi thru to the other and just make sure the mother 32 and sub are receiving on separate midi channels.

If there was a midi THRU port… but there aren’t on any of these. Only IN on SubH and M32.

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

The thing that is confusing me still is that ‘transport send’ on the digitakt is a global setting and yet it seems to need to be ‘off’ to stop the M32 sequencer and ‘on’ to start the subH when i start the DT.

So if i’m splitting the midi signal from the DT, won’t it still be sending whatever the transport send is set to across all midi signals?

E.g. if one goes to M32 and other goes to subH and DT transport send is disabled, then I guess the SubH wouldn’t start?

Maybe if I use the Korg SQ-64 as the master clock and pass one of its midi signals to the Digitakt (which then goes to M32) and the other SQ-64 midi signal into the subH?

I meant the midi thru on the digitakt

I think this could work. Of course you would need to set on the digitakt with clock recieve and transport recieve on, clock and transport send off. The midi cable from the digitakt needs to come from three midi thru or it won’t pass the clock from the sq1.

Ok. I see.
Transport and clock needs to be on, on DT, which is master.

• If you don’t want to play the M32 seq You need a midi splitter to send midi to both M32 and SubH.
  • If you let the M32 seq play (could be empty) you can then use Assign out to send clock to SubH.

Thanks for the advice everyone.
I’ll give these things a try and report back!

Ok, so I figured out a way to do it!
I use the SQ-64 as master clock and have one of its midi outs going direct into the subH. This midi out has the midi transport send function enabled so it triggers the subH when starting.
The other midi out on the SQ-64 is first going into the DT midi in. This midi out also has transport send function enabled to trigger the DT sequencer. The DT is set to receive clock and receive transport (ie from SQ-64). I have DT to send out clock but NOT send transport. Then I have another midi cable going from DT midi out into to M32 midi in.
Now when I start the SQ-64, it starts the subH and DT but not the M32 sequencer. But M32 is getting clock from SQ-64 via the DT and is sequenced via the DT.
Got there in the end. Thanks for the tips.