Can i change the sounds per pattern on the octatrack? something like what can I do in digitakt?

How yo change the sounds to change the pattern?

You can use parts to change samples per pattern.
You can use sample locks too.
I think that’s what you’re asking…

2 Likes

You get a new set of 4 parts per bank, and you have 16 banks, so 64 sounds per project, but you also have sample slot mode (not sure what the max is for that).

1 Like

Yeah, if you treat banks like patterns are in digitakt everything will work more or less how you expect.

…another ot mantra…parts are kits.

and kits are, what so many are missing on the digis…i’m not part of them.

1 Like

parts are kits too…
they are configurations.

one part for sample recorder
one part for song arrangement

as example

1 Like

…there u go…perfect example for the everlasting big ot confusion…
why o why, what o what did they think, when they called parts parts…

1 Like

i love it, with all it’s quirks.

…ot?..oh, u mean that everything, everywhere, all at once action sampler…yeah…a modern classic.

and right now, after existing for almost one and a half decades, more expensive to purchase brandnew than ever before…

1 Like

unfortunately that applies to a lot of things, right?
:wink:

Yeah, I just bought mine and I believe the MK II is about $300 USD more new than it was when I first heard of it, within a year or so of its release. Still well worth it though, IMO.

For me the most important part of the OT is samplechains. Not sure if you can do something similar with the new slicing feature on the new firmware? But, I use samplechains with sample locks to achieve what you want to do.

Tempted to buy a mk1 when one pops up for under $700

Am I correct that there is a 64 sample limit to one sample chain???

Never got on with Maschine but I have a ton of nice sounding expansions converted to use with the OT however I guess will be a labour intensive job making sample chains per expansion (way over 64 samples per expansion pack) and guess would have to manually sort into category’s eg kick, snare etc etc