Can i use all the sample banks in one snapshot?

Hello,

I bought a machindrum SPS-1UW+ from 2 weeks, and I’m trying to understand how change a sample bank during a live performance.
Can i create kits with more sample banks together in one snapshot?

It’s possible, as long as you’re willing to do the necessary menu diving to change the samplebank manually. (You can do so without it stopping the sequencer, which could be helpful during a live performance. Changing snapshots, however, does stop the sequencer.)

When I do it, to keep myself organized, I keep patterns on certain pattern banks that correspond to a specific samplebank. So for example all my patterns that require samples from samplebank 001 might be on bank A (patterns A01-A16), all those from samplebank 002 on bank B, etc. I also create a few patterns made only with internal machines so they can play without any glitches while I"m switching samplebanks.

1 Like

Function + Song Setup will be your friend when you’re thinking about using several sample banks per snapshot. Just hold this button combo and choose the sample bank to be loaded.

I regularly switch between sample banks during live sets. My sample banks and patterns are standardized enough so that it always sounds nice: pure drum machine kit setup with sounds assigned to tracks as they are on a tr-909, 3x16 samples per sample bank corresponding to track numbers on the MD.

Have fun with the MD! :slight_smile: