Can you reset a parameter of a Sound back to its default?

Hi,

New Digitakt user here still learning the ropes. I was wondering if there was a way to reset a parameter value of a Sound back to its saved value instead of some default value? For example, when I load up a Sound on a track and its Tune parameter is something non-zero, if I go and manipulate it and then press down its corresponding data entry knob + NO, it will clear it to 0 instead of whatever the Sound saved it as. Likewise, if I go changing the sample associated with the sound and press knob D + NO, it clears the sample entirely instead of reverts it back to its original value.

Thanks!

Welcome! I think the best bet here would be using the Temp Save for the whole pattern: FUNC + YES will save all settings for the pattern, and then you can try things out and hit FUNC + NO to return to the last temp save.

If you’re using Control All (holding TRK and changing a parameter, which changes it for all tracks), as long as you you keep holding TRK , pressing NO will return them all to their initial values, so that might work if you’re using this while just one track is playing. Would one of those let you do what you’re looking to do?

I think the temp save is probably what I’m looking for here. I guess I was thinking of a situation where e.g. I change parameter 1, then change parameter 2 but then only want to revert parameter 2’s value back to what it used to be. But in that case I suppose I would just have to do intermediate temp save’s between each parameter I wanna change?

2 Likes

Hm, another possibility is parameter locks—if you want to sequence these changes, you can hold the step, make the change you want, and then the change will just play on that step.

You can also audition that locked trig by pressing the trig and YES, and then turn its condition to FILL or something else where it only played when you wanted or auditioned it manually if that makes sense.

Or use TRK - REC (copy) to copy the sound to memory, tweak and revert with TRK - STOP (paste) if needed.

1 Like