Can you use the Digitakt as a Midi Twister Fighter?

Would it be possible to use a Midi track to map the 8 knobs to various parameters in Ableton?
For some reason it works fine with my keystep; but it does not work the same way with my DT.

Check

Midi cc being sent ? ( cc are sent turned on in midi config page )
Have you tried it with dt plugged in direct or it it going through anything ?
Checked midi channel on dt
Usb midi turned on ?

I got that, but using overbridge. I’ll try USB midi!
Does the channel matter? My Keystep did work straight away, on various channels.

I sequence MIDI tracks and map CC’s from my DT to Ableton whenever I want to use one of my VSTs for sure. Always works just fine. I have my DT in Overbridge mode (SETTINGS -> SYSTEM -> USB CONFIG). Then in Ableton, I just make sure that the MIDI settings for the DT’s inputs include Remote being on:

Then I make sure I have assigned a MIDI channel to the track I want to use to control parameters in Ableton (in the DT’s MIDI track SRC page, FUNC + Press Encoder A to set a channel). Then in the MIDI track’s FLTR page, FUNC + Press Encoder A-H to activate each CC send. While you’re in MIDI mode in Ableton, you just click on the parameter you want to bind to the DT’s encoders, turn the encoder on the DT so Ableton can read and assign the signal, and off you go.

You don’t even need to use the DT as the audio interface, or have the DT’s Overbridge VST pulled onto a track for this to work.

Hope this helps!

3 Likes

Holy crap! Why have I never thought to use to Digitakt this way?

1 Like

now send a mail to feature-request@elektron.se to ask for saveable global MIDI presets + renaming of the parameters (please!) I’ll do so as well … would be such a game changer… Digis are superb MIDI controllers

4 Likes

Renaming parameters would be so huge.

The DT’s 8 MIDI tracks are superb.