Can't get LFOs to play different slices in Slice Machine

Have been attempting on and off for two days. Any clear explanations out there for how to do this? I don’t seem to have a problem to get LFOs to target other features.

1 Like

The LFO destination is called SLIC: Slice Select, and you need a specific slice selected in the SRC page (encoder E), not the keyboard graphic. The LFO value is then added to that slice number to determine the slice to be played. So choose some slice value in the middle, and then adjust the depth of the LFO.

1 Like

I’ll add an example :
To randomize 64 slices, set Slice to 33 (64/2+1), lfo dest to Slice Select, Random / Hold, depth 32 (64/2).

To randomize 8 slices, set Slice to 5 (8/2+1), lfo dest to Slice Select, Random / Hold, depth 4 (8/2).

5 Likes

Thank you both!! First for the tip to just get started in the right direction but also for the math examples. I feel I have a much better understanding for how LFOs work now.

2 Likes

Think bipolar and offset to find the middle position as said @plragde ! :content:

Thank you for the explanation. Could anyone suggest an idea of how to smooth out the beginning of the sample slice using the LFO? I still get some pops and clicks.

and the SPD and Mult. ?

watching my slice play and it seems to repeat the first slice and last slide way more often then random

What are your settings ?
Depth, numer of slices, Slice value, etc…
Seems a depth problem.

To taste, check values in manual.