Can't get RYTM to connect to overbridge

I just got a used RYTM MKI and it won’t connect to overbridge. updated the firmware on the RYTM and installed overbridge. it’s not recognized though. Is there any further troubleshooting steps I can take or should I send it back?

There was someone with similar issue just a day ago, cannot paste the link right now, please do a search…

You did not mention what operating system you are using
Edit.
Here:

1 Like

Thanks! Will give those suggestions a shot. I am on Mac OS. Not sure which version. Newest RYTM MKI OS.

Did you turn usb mode to overbridge mode on rytm ?

Try a different usb lead
Try it with standalone app
Check overbridge is running
Turn everything off and on again
Try different USB port
Try another mac
Does transfer see it as a device

The usual stuff.
Overbridge isn’t such an easy thing to just ‘plug it in and it works ‘ apps / rytm need setting up …

Transfer does work. I’ll try those other suggestions now. Thanks!

It was the mac security stuff preventing it from running. Thanks!

4 Likes

Hi. If you have Mac OS 10.14.6 or later installed, it should work fine. My experience is with the AR MKII

At first Overbridge could not detect the hardware, after reading some answers and researching, I uninstalled everything and reinstalled Overbridge again (remember to install with the device disconnected), as indicated.
First you should check the versions of the Overbridge software and the Analog Rytm Firmware. Install the latest versions following the steps indicated in the manual.

Then, Two important and basic things: first in the Analog Rytm, Settings> System > USB Config, you must obviously select the Overbridge mode and as a tip, in parallel (as @SoundReverend recommended), on the Mac, you should have visible the approval request of the that will show you, you can see this window in system preferences> security/privacy. Here allow Overbridge to run.
(Some downloaded software is automatically blocked by apple OS and you just need to allow them to run). At first it didn’t show it to me, or I didn’t notice it.
Following those steps finally now everything works ok.
Good luck. I hope you understand my advice :sweat_smile:

1 Like