Can't upgrade Elektron from 1.12 to 1.13

Hi there - newbie question with a pre-owned MC Elektron.
The OS is currently 1.12 and I have downloaded 1.13.
I’ve followed the instructions for both the transfer utility options (in 1.5.0.14), namely the drag and drop and the sysex transfer page.
In the first option the error from the model-cycles_OS1.13.syx when it is dragged onto the app is:
Failed - incompatible OS (It shows the existing OS as 1.12 at the top left).
In the sysex page it appears to transfer 100% but the MC device still shows “Waiting for SysEx”.
I have changed the Device->USB Mode to “A+M” as described in the documentation but it still waits on SysEx.
Does anybody have any ideas on what the issue might be?
I’ve attached screenshots which might make things more clear.
Thanks in advance.

Looks to me from the screenshot like you’re trying to install model:cycles firmware on a model:samples ?

2 Likes

Can the fact you have a MC and the window on the image mentions a Model Samples interfere in the update process?

Edit: synced answer :wink:

1 Like

The software for the transfer appears to be universal but it only gives me one option in the dropdown (for the samples). I assumed the software core might be common).

Yes, the Transfer software is universal (covers all but a few elektron boxes, I think). But, from the grey info (under the red message block) you seem to be connected to a model samples, and for that you need the model:samples firmware, nothing else will work.

1 Like