Case From Lake - Custom modular cases

Hi all,
I am in the process of planning a bigger case for my modular. Started with a 6U 88hp Arturia RackBrute but I am now looking at a 3U 84hp or 104hp.
Not that I do not like the Arturia stuff but the fact I need 2 AC adaptors and the fact that the power module is taking 5hp and is barely removable from one place to another…
That said, I have been looking at custom made cases from Case From Lake (Italy). Seems reasonably priced and specs are looking good.
Any advices/options/hints are more than welcome.
Thank you :pray:

Edit: looking at this case in particular :arrow_down:

Everything I’ve read about Case From Lake has been positive. They would certainly be high on my list if I were thinking of expanding, which I DEFINITELY AM NOT (shouting at myself, not you).

3 Likes

Hahaha :slight_smile:
Shouting at yourself is not going to help me not making mistakes :slight_smile:
Definitely going to expand but in a reasonable way. I am looking at fine tuning the 2 main voices I have. Manis needs its EG and filter (XAOC Zagrzeb sounds very nice to my ears) to tame it down. Osiris: as I am using the 2 outs (mix+sub), I am looking at some processing for the mix part: something that would help me raising the stereo field of it. Thinking of XAOC Minsk or WORNG MidSide+ here.
Adding an extra FX unit (FX Aid) is also on the list as well.

This case from CFL seems more than reasonable price wise. I have also read some good reviews but just wanted to see if others had tested/seen/heard about it.

1 Like

I do have two cases from Case From Lake and I’m very happy about those.
Price are very fair, case are well made (alignment of the rails is nice, hp dimensions are accurate, PSU is strong enough)

That said: this very precise model: I had it and I did not like it at all. The angles of the case were not comfortable. One can use it in two different positions (horizontal or vertical, don’t know how to explain clearly) but in both case I was uncomfortable. Also this case is very heavy. Maybe look for another model from the same company ?

1 Like

Thanks for your post.
I can imagine this model to be heavy.
What model would you advise if you don’t mind me asking?
I am actually liking the fact you can use this model flat or vertical. As well as modules inclination. Whether flat or vertical.
I am actually not liking working with everything flat on my desk. Need some angle :slight_smile:

It’s always difficult to explain by writing. I tried many positions with that model, and it was never feeling comfortable if using it sitting on a desk. That model is meant to be used in horizontal position (when used in vertical position, it was not easy, because there is the handle in between the case and the desk). In horizontal position used on a desk it is a little too high and too flat, and one need to incline it a lot to get comfortable (because the case is too deep).
If you would use it sitting on a lower height table, then it’s nice

I have that one:
15U Eurorack Case Powered, 84 o 104 hp, desktop version, modular synthesizer | Case From Lake

and I place it on a Ikea Kallax, so that it is not too high.

I also have that one:
9U Eurorack Case Powered, 120 or 126 hp, patched resealable, modular synthesizer | Case From Lake

and I use it on a desk, and I incline it by about 20°

Thank you very much for taking the time. I appreciate.
That 15U looks beautiful I have to say.
I have been eyeing the other model you mentioned but under a different form factor.

In that case, all modules are flat. Would have to raise the case itself.

I modified the 15U, to accomodate three 1U row

and it is very comfortable!

The 9u flat one, I think that you’ll need to incline it to feel comfortable. One can simply use a ikea thingy

It works fine and is surprisingly stable!

1 Like

Have been in touch with Alexandro from CFL and we are discussing things :slight_smile:
Thanks for taking the time @Slim

If you are tall the wrong case position / height / angle can be a big source of back pain.

At one point, I was in complete agony for days if I spent too long at a badly positioned modular case … super frustrating :frowning:

2 Likes

Better put dopfer psu3 in. X2 or you can have noise from this cheap switched power supply’s. am using same psu that are in this case and with some mixer modules it’s hard do get sound with no hum and noise. And if you plan to add compressor it will add more noise

1 Like