Cats

I’ll never bring a new species to an island, that’s what killed the birds, actually.

And I grow trees and prickly hedges, I actually host a few birds and bees in the garden.

But I recorded birds’ songs nonetheless, just in case.

1 Like

Meet Marley!

This will be Ziggy’s buddy eventually. This little guy is almost 3 months, so we’ve got our work cut out, but they do grow quickly.

I can’t thank everyone enough for the support and advice, even just the likes were very much appreciated.

21 Likes

Already killed a bird ?

3 Likes

My big boy Cheech on the left and Pepe is a one-eyed street cat from Miami that moved in with me when I lived there a while back on the right. Bob is on the bottom, he hates most things and has no tail

These knuckleheads round out my family which also includes two 80-90 lb doggos and a bearded dragon :lizard:

14 Likes

My lawn is constantly dotted with birds,
my cat looks at them with great laziness.
Occasionally a rodent, but definitely not a bird killer.
I don’t know what creates this situation but I’m happy about it.
Finally, I’m more afraid that he himself will be carried away by a raptor or an owl…

3 Likes

And that’s great for those birds.

I would argue that cats are new/invasive species to whatever natural ecosystems they hunt in because they are domesticated and fed. Wild populations keep themselves in check, domesticated species need to keep certain instincts in check. I wouldn’t let my cat outside when birds are fledging. It’s not the cats’ fault we’ve created 700 million of them, but something needs to give the wild animals a fair chance.

My cats are sterilized. Very unfortunate cause the black one is one of a kind.
But indeed there are too many cats…

Anyway, I live in a city, so “my” garden is the closest thing to Nature there could be around my house.

As for the birds, I guess cats make sure they stay alert and not become dodos.

When you see how humanity treat Nature, it’s a bit of a joke to call a cat a serial killer.

3 Likes

…humans :man_facepalming:t6:

1 Like

Interesting regarding pesticides.

2 Likes

Yes…insects are FAR more important than prefect gardens. Natural gardens for the win.

Humans are the actual pests.

2 Likes

Potato update.
This is his spot on the sofa.

20 Likes

This thread confirms the feline phenomena of “regal cuteness”.

2 Likes

:heart: Pepe

2 Likes

Pepe is totally my little homie. She is super sweet and the smallest of my cats…but don’t get it twisted. She can hold her own having been raised by the streets. Pepe regularly puts Cheech in his place and he is twice her size.

Her role is peacekeeper. Cheech and Bob CONSTANTLY get into turf wars and the second its get out of hand, Pepe swoops in and breaks the fight up. The other two respect her becuase she is such a tough little booger.

This is her watch tower where she keeps tabs on everything

17 Likes
9 Likes

This is Lana
Was found in the wild alone when she was a couple of weeks old
Was brought to a vet by a guy who knew we where looking for a new cat
After 8 months living with us on one night I found her at our terras and she was hurt
She needed a femoral head surgery.

Offcourse we did it

Now she grew up stil chasing birds and getting them, climbing is no problem
Etc
And she is such a lovely chill cat
She doesnt scratch bites siss or what ever

Its like she totally knows and understand what we did for her.

After the operation and at her final check up at the vet she was so quite and easy she was even purring,the vet didnt had to sedate her to take scan of her hips

27 Likes

Kirby

28 Likes

Soon 2 years since my baby C died of pulmonary edema in my arms. She was a deeep very smart cosmic cat. Love my other ones ofcourse but noone is as cool as she was. Couldnt sleep in the bedroom she died in for a month. Miss her terribly.

25 Likes

No synth here, just a sly beast

19 Likes

wanna mess with him? I wouldn’t recommend!

22 Likes