Cats

Little celebratory photo as we’ve found a food which agrees with our 4 month old’s stomach (hydrolysed proteins…).

33 Likes

Ziggy is becoming more and more comfortable and letting me know when he needs attention.

29 Likes

It’s still blowing me away with how much of an impact they can make. They’re all truly special, but the bonds you can make are insane.

3 Likes

It’s the studio manager, look out!

4 Likes

Your chair? No I think you will find this is my chair.

22 Likes

Crna mačka, beli mačor

26 Likes

Lovely! Nice contrast.

2 Likes

So this happened today, Ziggy started grooming Marley and Marley melted.

Today is day 3 that they’ve been able to be together.

Marley initially only wanted to wrestle but now we’re seeing more variety.

Marley had Giardia when we got him. He went through 2 rounds of meds and finally got the clear (no more Giardia) on Friday.

Ziggy was tested as a precaution and he’s still negative.

27 Likes

The first pictures are actually from 2005, the latter is more recent. I’m rather blessed that she is still quite spirited even at her current age :slightly_smiling_face:
11-01-05_0121

27 Likes

I think he just woke himself with his snoring :joy:

Great sampling material.

23 Likes

:two_hearts::heart::two_hearts::heart::two_hearts:

20 Likes

My little Mikey again, this time after a shock from jumping down a tall tree after hours of trying to get him down. Good thing is that he is still young and can process it quite quickly, but I finally have to put those plastic sheets on all trees in the garden to keep him away from those heights…

19 Likes

Is she vocal? She looks like a talkative one

1 Like

She was very quiet for the first few years of her life, we had another cat that seemed to do the talking for her, and then as she has aged she’s developed quite a strong opinion. I do talk to her like she’s a person and I’m 90% sure she understands what I’m saying, after all I’m probably doing what she wants 90% of the time in response to her complaints so she likely assumes I understand her. She gets very demanding in the 10% of the time where miscommunications appear.

7 Likes

I’m pretty sure everyone posting here talks to them like they understand (and maybe they do).

I love when they’re vocal.

These guys (Ziggy & Marley) are quiet together, so far, but I’m hoping they start vocalizing more. Tango carried on a conversation and I absolutely loved that.

My childhood cat Tonto was quiet unless he smelled cheese or tuna. Otherwise he was full of character, always lounging and ready to watch TV with the family.

6 Likes

Fantastic.

1 Like

Just wanted to tell you that I’ve done a bit of research and… it seems you are very right + I might be under the charm of my cats and show some cognitive dissonance.
So, well, thank you for your patience.

7 Likes

It’s a fair point about Cats damaging the natural bird population. Humans have generally cocked everything up by introducing animals where they shouldn’t be, bad farming and agriculture practises, eating too many animals etc.

It’s an old but a simple trick to help the birds - give your cat a collar with a bell on so the birds get a warning! I actually don’t use collars at all on my cats because they can find them uncomfortable and they can cause issues if they get caught on things or rub, but they’re so old and sedate that they’re not catching/killing anything anyway!

3 Likes

27 Likes

Inevitable …

14 Likes