Cats

I love all your cats, such great friends they are.

she’s trying to blend in with the floor, doing a nice job of it too.

23 Likes

Who, All I see is floor?

5 Likes

25 Likes

Is this the Octa-cat ?

5 Likes

New hardware request: Octa-cat-track. :heart_eyes_cat:

3 Likes

Haha he has many nicknames , consider this added to the list :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Instant buy :ok_hand:

1 Like

Something new with it ?
Some would be jealous…

Digicats…

11 Likes

warning signs your kid is a synthfluencer.

7 Likes

Yeah, but Digicats only samples in mono. :yum:

1 Like

Oh dear … what did I start ? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

All in good fun :heartpulse:

26 Likes

he has your smile.

6 Likes

She is a very determined sleeper

24 Likes

Marley is loosing his baby teeth, but these are the moments when he’s been calm, with big brother Ziggy giving some love.

IMG_7613

24 Likes

No photo, just a story of a failed cat experiment (don’t panic, not that kind of experiment).

When we first got our two older cats (about 12 and 15 now) they woke us up at 4am every morning. We had a tricky first few months. They had some health issues (luckily nothing too serious) and they soiled in the house quite a bit until they settled in despite being older and trained. They’re good cats but they’d been rehomed late in life and spent too long in Battersea cats and dogs home, most people don’t want a pair, don’t want old cats and many don’t want black ones because of silly superstitions. They were stuck there for more than 2 months, they normally place them within 2 or 3 weeks.

Anyway, the 4am wake-up call was getting a bit much so I started shutting them in the kitchen at night. I’m a very careful and loving cat owner so I checked with the vet and with Battersea first, they all said it’s fine if they have enough space, access to the cat flap and all the food, water, trays etc. it’s a large open-plan room and they have made no fuss, they don’t cry at night etc and when I come down to check occasionally they’re happily playing, snoozing or out roaming the night.

I’d still prefer to let them be in the house (favourite spots etc) so, as an experiment, I let them out the last couple of nights to see if anything has changed. First night, they didn’t even come upstairs until about 6am (that I know of) and I thought we might be onto something. Last night, one of them followed me to bed and slept on the bed which was nice.

However…rise and shine around 3am. Wide awake, clawing at the bed, coming up to the pillow and even chewing my feet that were poking out of the duvet. So, here I am up and awake at 4.26am and looking forward to a day feeling like a zombie. I’m not sleeping well anyway for a few months and this isn’t helping.

The moral of the story is…they are wonderful and I wouldn’t give them up for the world but they are creatures of habit and if you have a routine that works, stick with it!

6 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

29 Likes

12 Likes

I want this life.

1 Like