CC from Keystep37 thru DT to Minitaur?

Hi everybody,

Please advice/help.

I’ve hooked up a Keystep37 (Midi out) to my Digitakt (Midi In). The Digitakt (Midi out) is connected to my Mintaur (Midi In). I’ve set up track 13 (MIDI E) of my Digitakt to channel 5; the same as the recieve channel on the Minitaur. When selecting track 13 on my Digitakt i can play my Minitaur thru the Digitakt with my Keystep37 (set to channel 10/auto channel on Digitakt) just as planned. When recording my input for the Keystep37 in Digitakt all notes are recieved and stored, just as expected. Playback works like a charm. The only thing i can’t get to work is sending CC messages from my Keystep37 thru my Digitakt to the Minitaur.
Setting up Digitakt to send CC to my Minitaur is no problem at all. This works flawlessly, playing and recording. It’s just that sending CC thru Digitakt doesn’t work.
I’ve looked through the manual and elektronauts but can’t find a straight answer. Does anyone have a suggestion how to fix this problem?

DT setup:
Midi config

Sync: all checked

Port config:
Turbo off
Out port func: midi
Thru port func: midi (not connected)
Input from: Midi + USB
Output to: Midi + USB
Parameter output: Auto channel
Encoder dest: Int
Trig key dest: Int
Mute dest: Int + Ext
Recieve notes: checked
Recieve CC: checked

Channels:
Track E (=MIDI E on Digitakt) channel: 5
FX control: 9
Auto channel 10:
Prog change in ch: auto
Prog change out ch: auto

into which channel you are sending CC messages from KS?

Channel 10.

try sending CCs on channel 5.

Tried that, resulting in that Digitakt ‘just’ recieves the note data but no CC’s.

but does Minitaur receives CCs now?

I think the best way is to send the CC’s through the 8 CC Value page knobs, so coming from your keyboard at CC’s 70-77, and assigned to 8 CC values of your choosing. Works for my Keystep 37 and Nymphes…

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

Finally found out what the problem is. The DT does recieve Midi CC messages but can’t store them. The DT can send Midi CC messages but only those that have been input in the track/sequencer of DT itself.
This is something that more people have run into in the past. I guess we have to wait until OS 1.6 :wink:

1 Like