Changing pattern with new patch -

Hi Guys,

Just bought this little beast and really love it.

Somehow when I jump from pattern 1 to pattern 2 with it’s own different program change number for my external synth (OB6) the patch does not change automatically. What am I overseeing?

Cheers

Perhaps you didn’t enable the PRG CH SEND option? This will send program change messages when patterns are changed. It’s in the midi config -> sync menu.

1 Like

Thanks Lars but I had that enabled.

When I switch from pattern 1 to pattern 2, the display shows the chosen midi chan, bank and prog but does not react automatically in terms of switching the patch on the external synth…

When I switch from pattern and I manually trigger the midi channel, then it does change the program.

PRG CH SEND works just fine for me. Digitakt sends program change message on the start of each pattern switch a number corresponding to the pattern. The program change number is hardwired, so you can’t change what pattern 1 in bank B is sending, it’s always going to be program change number 17. You can however set what midi channel CC messages are sent on from the Digitakt (SETTINGS -> MIDI CONFIG -> CHANNELS and the “PROG CH OUT CH”)

Perhaps this is your problem ensemble? You might be sending the PRG CH SEND program change messages on the wrong channel to your OB?

Midi tracks and their CHAN, BANK and PROG are for note triggers and parameter locks. Program change messages are sent in conjunction with the trig or when you’re twisting the PROG value knob. (But you can of course set PRG CH SEND off and use a midi track with a trigless lock to send whatever program change value you want for a pattern.)

3 Likes

Thank you for you help Lars, I got it working now and don’t really know why it didn’t work correctly before. I started an new project and works as expected now.

And good to know what you wrote about the program change being hardwired, didn’t know that!

Cheers!

1 Like

Hi Ensemble, did you ever figure out how the problem fixed itself? I´m having exactly the same problem, I´m trying to send Program Change messages with my Digitakt to the Prophet REV2. When I change pattern, even though within the Digitakt the screen shows as though the CC message 32, bank, desired patch, is being sent, there´s no reaction in the REV2. If I manually move the Patch number Knob, the patch actually changes in the REV2. I haven´t been able to figure it out. Your help would be much appreciated.

Hello,
about me I actually control a Roland TR8-S (slave) with my DIGITAKT (master).

The sync between the machinse works correctly, BUT the problem is when I change pattern on my DT asking to TR8-S to change it too:

• The TR8-S pattern change correctly BUT the FIRST TR8-S pattern’s BAR DOES NOT PLAY, so there is a drop :frowning: during my performance.

Also,
I have to put a program change trig at the beginnig of each DT sequences ( button 1) otherwise nothing happen.

Any suggestion to avoid that BAR DROP ?

Please help

Many thanks,
A

1 Like

Hi, did you manage to sort out this problem? I’m having the same issue with Minilogue XD. The program changes just fine but the notes in the first bar are not played. It’s as if the Minilogue can’t handle two tasks at the same time.

Hi Maikos, no I passed…no more try or test… time goes :frowning:

if anyone else is having this problem, after following this advice, I put my syntakt sending PROG CH OUT CH 15 AND my digi with PROG CH IN CH 15 aswell, this solved the issue :slight_smile: