Chase Bliss Habit

1 Like

Mid-term review:

(It’s controversy but) I love it for being mono, to me it’s not the role as lo-fi/ reverb/ delay effects, more of a scissors that can make collage elements. I treat it as a composition tool, not a processor of what I already wrote. I make noise/ ambient stuffs mostly so it suit me the best.

The modulation is a bit lacking to me. Ramp can only have one destination, and EXP/CV would take over the control from Ramp. I believe MIDI can have access to more controls(something like Morningstar).

There are things I still unsure on this pedal (such as Loop function), and I must admit you would easily get lost and overcook your materials.

Still love it very much, hope I can have more times to spend in this pedal.

4 Likes

Congrats, @circuitghost!

14 Likes

Thank you :heart::pray:

3 Likes

I’m really starting to get into this now. A truly unique kit. Like the Mood, I can’t think of anything even remotely like it. But it’s a tough one to decipher, before you get to know it.

3 Likes

I’m still on my journey to that. Sooo at home and fluent with Mood and think I’ll get there in time…
I was so excited by the ‘Collect’ and songwriting tool aspect, and getting a bit lost and confused in the process, that I’ve had to pull back to ‘okay so this is a very interesting delay with modifiers that can reference stuff that happened a while ago if I choose’. Will build back up once more comfortable and spent more time with it.

2 Likes

Released today - found it pretty insightful

2 Likes

That was really great! YT threw me over to a new CBA video that just came out on Habit as well:

4 Likes

Quick question, is it possible to queue up a sound before committing audio to the collect loop? Have a Habit coming my way, can’t wait to try it out.

Never felt happier seeing so many comparative experiences with Microcosm.

It was such a love fest out there for so long, nobody said much of anything negative about it.

I held onto mine for a week before selling. I then bough MOOD and Blooper. I ended up selling Blooper and just keeping MOOD.

And no, not comparing Microcosm to others, but I also found it too limited with results to have a sustained interest in using it. They did nail the nostalgic look.

This seems to be the forgotten Chase Bliss pedal - anyone still giving it some love?

Not as such, maybe others have suggestions but I basically achieved this only with the Octatrack with the Habit on the Cue Out - testing things on main output before ‘introducing’ to the Habit.

2 Likes

Still love it and have made pretty complete experimental tracks on if. Wonderful wee thing. Would welcome some new modifier options down the line and maybe some simpler routes/new modes to get to some of the more complex possibilities. See the Making Songs With Habit vid for the kinds of things I’m referencing - amazing stuff possible but very easy to completely wipe/destroy what you’re doing to get to the most interesting stuff.

3 Likes

Just did, mate -

2 Likes

Even made a little social on it, on my well-crowded and overwhelmingly followed Insta :smiley: -

2 Likes

Digitone into Habit straight into Zoom H5.

Think I ‘collected’ 3 of my Digitone’s tracks, mixing them into the Habit buffer and then just played the pad live and tweaked Habit. I think - get lost in a meditative haze with this pedal! But enjoyed this moody piece and think the mono/lo-fi-ishness suits here.

11 Likes

Sounds like a brilliant use of the Habit, mate.

1 Like