Cheap portable speaker for travel studio

I usually get similar speakers from the local Daiso distributor for around $5. Zero latency, surprisingly adequate sound quality.

2 Likes

if you endorse these Iā€™m adding to cart. any bass on these? (doubtful)

Thatā€™s just the first set I found, but in my experience the sub $15 speakers powered by USB are mostly the same. Some noise from USB power, tiny amounts of bass (because tiny speaker, clearly).

Overall, better than what $50 PC speakers from the ā€˜90s delivered. Extremely adequate for small values of adequate.

Edit: if you are impulse buying, find a Daiso and get the speakers there. Cheaper and just as good.

Finally, this is the one I bought from Amazon that is nearly identical to what I later got from Daiso (except the Amazon version is 6x the price of Daiso):

Also fun, but not stereo:

1 Like

I had a set of boston acoustics computer speakers in the 90ā€™s that must have been really well designed because they thumped. just the ported speaker pods, no added woofer.

1 Like

JBL have done that on the newest model in all their portable speaker ranges, annoyingly. Charge 5 sounds good but is Bluetooth only and the latency is shite

1 Like

I bought my buddy one of these about a year ago, and Iā€™ve been so impressed with it that Iā€™m planning on picking one up myself for portable production:

USB-C, aux in. Price dips to $80 every so often.

EDIT: I havenā€™t actually tested his with any gear, so I didnā€™t notice if there was latency on this unit, which I realize now is an important detail for this thread.

2 Likes

The Blackstar Fly 3 has been pretty good for me. Itā€™s a mini guitar amp primarily, but it has an aux in with no latency (I was also surprised to find the Soundcore had an absurd amount of latency on an aux cable). Itā€™s a bit more expensive than youā€™re asking for tho (like $75ish I think)

1 Like

I love Minirigs. I have v2 with stereo pair and sub.

I bought this some months ago.

My older minirig died unfortunately.
It was much better than the Soundcore Motion+
but itĀ“s a bit pricey and well, it died.

The Motion+ is not bad, good enough for me.
Aux in can be a bit noisy and bluetooth doesnĀ“t connect
on the first try most of the time.

I also gave up installing the app to get access to the EQ settings.
DidnĀ“t work, IĀ“m kind of new to smartphones or maybe too stupid.

Paid 69,- ā‚¬ , the input has no latency and it sounds OK.
EDIT: Want to confirm that this model has NO relevant input latency, thatĀ“s why I bought it.

1 Like

What I actually use: 15 year old etymotic ER-6i IEMs.

1 Like

I love these. Maybe not as portable as the Anker, which I also like, but they sound great. No latency and solid low end, pretty portable too. Cheaper still on Amazon. They have refurbished pairs often for 15 bucks.
https://us.creative.com/p/speakers/creative-pebble-v3#buy-menu

1 Like