Chicago Nauts Unite!

Do you have a link to their instagram?

I just signed up to follow Aathee Records. They are some DJ’s that spin minimal tech house, and I send them tracks sometimes.

Might as well follow as many labels as possible.

Yeah, here’s the link: https://instagram.com/nfcrecords?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

In all honesty, instagram is mostly how I find out about all these events I’ve been sharing. I don’t really use it for personal stuff, so I just follow local venues, artists, and labels I like and the algorithm does the rest of the work for me.

1 Like

So far so good!

Dope mocktails as well

4 Likes

It’s that kinda party.

I gotta say, this makes me want to sequence a couples bars on the TR8S, then play in synths unquantized.

3 Likes

Ah man! That Concrete Hitter set was so good, and I was just vibing out the whole time I was there that I didn’t check my socials until I got home. Such a good show.

1 Like

I went and saw this band Model/Actriz at the Empty Bottle last night and they were absolutely insane! One of the most impressive shows I’ve seen in a while. Sounded like a lovechild of NIN, LCD Soundsystem, and Korn, if that even makes sense.

But that’s not why I’m posting this here. I was also very impressed by one of the openers, a local duo called Conjunto Primitivo. They played this interesting mix of darkwave/industrial fused with Latin rhythms like reggaton and cumbia. The impressive part was the guy on the backing tracks did the whole thing live with nothing but a Digitakt and a Minilogue (I think, it was definitely a Korg but I couldnt see which one) with a couple of effects pedals. Dude was putting in major work on those knobs and pads and it sounded flawless. Very awesome and they play around Chicago a lot so give them some support if you can catch one of their shows.

2 Likes

I think I saw them last year at a street festival that Tide was playing minimal tech house at.

Is it a dude and a chick?

Yeah, it was a guy on the hardware and she was doing vocals over top. I’ve been seeing their name pop up quite a bit recently, so I’m glad I finally got to see them.

1 Like

I’ll crosspost this here because I think this is the nicest day we’ve had all year in Chicago. Cheers!

6 Likes

Hey. I’m moving to Chicago at the end of the month!

6 Likes

Yah. Rob’s great, and is probably one of the most talented performers on modular I’ve ever seen

2 Likes

Where from?

I knew someone had to know him. Yeah he’s really great. Miss hanging out with him down here in Tucson.

Toronto

Very cool! Actually never been to Toronto but have heard really good things. Welcome to the Chi. I still have visions of an Elektronauts meetup and jam but haven’t taken any steps to make it happen. Maybe in the summer!

2 Likes

Toronto and Chicago have a very similar feel, imo. I’d love a little meetup. Any recommendations for venues and music stores?

2 Likes

For any art fans, I went to EXPO Chicago today at Navy Pier and had a great time. They say it is the largest art show in the Midwest, and it was massive. I wandered around for couple of hours and I’m not even sure I saw it all. Highly recommended from me, and tomorrow is the last day.

Here is a pic from the EXPO Chicago website:

6 Likes

I’m a great fan of both Toronto and Chicago, but I don’t think they’re anything like each other. But best of luck with the move! (I have my own at the end of the month also.)

Where you headed to/from?

1 Like

I was in Toronto, but am temporarily parked about 100km to the west in the town I work in, and am heading for Lisbon (Portugal).

1 Like